8 weeks to go and I am freaking out!!!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LindsayG

LindsayG
  • 95 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

I feel like I haven't done ANYTHING!

I am just now starting to let my WC where we want to have the ceremony/reception, planning menus, etc. Plus, I got a copy of the ceremony script for the symbolic ceremony and it SUCKS! Now I'm having to write an entire script from start to finish, and I have no clue how the spanish minister is going to read it.

I'm totally guessing on locations since all I've seen is pictures. I haven't booked my photographers air or hotel yet, and I haven't bought anything for OOT bags. AAAH!

Oh, and foxy, when are you going to come back so we can pester you with questions? :)
    Lindsay & Billy
    July 11, 2008
    Paradisus Punta Cana

#2 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:46 PM

^^ I feel you! My wedding is just 6 days before you. The pressure is on!
      Do you get there a few days before the wedding? if you do, then you could pick out the ceremony/reception site then if you change your mind from the initial pick.
      It's normal at this point to be freaking out! But at the same
      time... you're almost there! yay!

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Don't freak too much. I did everything last minute too! Like downloaded music for our ceremony/reception hours before I was suppose to leave to the airport. Everything will get done and to the things that don't, who cares?! It will all still be great.

The day of the wedding I forgot SO many things that I had either bought or made for the ceremony. Still turned out perfect. Even forgot my centerpieces! LOL See- no worries, you can't mess up as bad as I did and I still think it turned out gorgeous.
        Happily married since 2008

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

don't worry. most of us are just going by locations pics, not everyone does site visits. i'm not. everything will be fine. And if you feel like your rushed for time, skip oot bags. none of your guests will even know the difference.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 Juan Guzman dfotoart

Juan Guzman dfotoart
          • 70 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

Yes, don't worry. From far way and only by pics it look so complicate, but isn't. Paradisus have nice place for wedding, a lot of place for receptions and WC with hard experience.
            Juan Guzman

#6 mmontgo

mmontgo
            • 191 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

Just remember most of the time the bride always stresses over the little things. If something is not perfect it's ok the guests will never notice. Besides it's paradise.

#7 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LindsayG
                I feel like I haven't done ANYTHING!

I am just now starting to let my WC where we want to have the ceremony/reception, planning menus, etc. Plus, I got a copy of the ceremony script for the symbolic ceremony and it SUCKS! Now I'm having to write an entire script from start to finish, and I have no clue how the spanish minister is going to read it.

I'm totally guessing on locations since all I've seen is pictures. I haven't booked my photographers air or hotel yet, and I haven't bought anything for OOT bags. AAAH!

Oh, and foxy, when are you going to come back so we can pester you with questions? :)

Girl, you are going to be fine. Everything was totally PERFECT for our ceremony and reception!

The script she sent you probably isn't exactly right. PM it to me and I'll highlight what was read for us. We added the Hand Ceremony (read by a family member) just before we said "I DO" -- which by the way is all we had to say, lol.

I highly recommend a beach reception with the palm fronds to privatize it (didn't cost us extra for that). Hopefully my laptop will be fixed today and I can get the rest of those pics uploaded and my review written.

I know you are freaking out wanting more info from me and trust me, I hate not having a computer at home to get it done!

Many of the other receptions we saw on the beach were beautiful, but not private. Very near the Gabi Bar and you could see all the beach lounge chairs, etc. Because of how we had ours set up, it felt like our own private oasis.

I promise to get you pics ASAP.

#8 FYB87

FYB87
                • 976 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

I totally understand you freaking out. But, I know that everything will work out and it will be exactly what you want!

#9 S2BLennon

S2BLennon
                  • 668 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

BREATH! It will all be beautiful, this is the time to enjoy, even though it may be dificult, don't waste it away too quickly on stressing!

#10 starfish 1115

starfish 1115
                    • 79 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:18 AM

I am sittting up at 2 am ripping CD's for a neighborhood event. Last minute! You'll get done what needs to be done. You'll be there and your FI will be there -that's all that matter's. Breathe. We're all here for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users