Photo

Is anyone doing OOT bags and favors?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 saraece

saraece
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:24 PM

We are doing OOT bags, and as mmontgo suggested already we are donating to the Canadain Cancer Society in honour of our friend who died recently of Cancer. He would have been in the wedding party so we wanted to make mention of him.
    Like our first kiss all over again

#22 jaymielee

jaymielee
    • 19 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jessyg20
      We are doing both as well.

The oot bags will be given to our guests when they arrive to the resort by us, kinda like a meet and greet. The bags are filled with practical stuff (first aid kits, chapstick, sunblock, bath fizzs, postcards, cookies, & spanish for dummies book).

For favors we are doing Personalized CDs of "our songs" for everyone, cigars for men, and scented candles for the women.

I'm another shopper and money spender! ;o)
      I was wondering the same regarding giving both to guests. Great ideas everyone!

I have been looking everywhere for "Spanish for Dummies" books. Please please please tell me where you found them! Are they the mini-books?

#23 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 10:55 AM

We are doing both as well. We are doing our OOT bags with first aid kits, margarita packets, travel candles, mini sewing kits, pens, a welcome letter and a personalized cup.

We are doing the same bag for guests staying at timeshares but we are taking out a personalized cup and are adding sodas, water and beer.

For our favors, I am going to have our WC put palm tree boxes filled with custom M&M's on the plates for dinner - at our reception we are having a cigar roller and have custom matches to hand out with cigars at the cigar table.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#24 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:05 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jaymielee
          I have been looking everywhere for "Spanish for Dummies" books. Please please please tell me where you found them! Are they the mini-books?
          they were at target in the $1 section but they don't have them anymore. they were exclusive to target. you might be able to get some on ebay if not just make your own little list of spanish phrases. There is posts on here of ones other girls have made.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#25 Erica_Bellerive

Erica_Bellerive
          • 104 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

New to the group and wondering how you get all of these items to the resort with you? Are you brining an extra suitcase for wedding stuff?
            Married April 28, 2010

Bahia Principe Coba Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati....28-10-a-59626/Our Wedding (Non-Professional) http://s864.photobuc....view=slideshow

#26 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:49 AM

I'm handing out my bags before we leave. But a lot of girls fill an extra suitcase with the stuff.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#27 heather007

heather007
              • 620 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

Extra suitcase for me. Plus, I have gotten my sisters to bring an extra suitcase with them to fill up with all of my stuff.

~~

#28 Shenmaat

Shenmaat
                • 98 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

I am actually planning on giving slices of fruit cake as the wedding favors and then the OOT bags.

Im just happy my mother is baking all the cake!
                  "An accident of chance became, our lasting gift that day. Some paths may cross but do not always, join in such a way"
                  http://tickers.Ticke....84a2/event.png

#29 Celina

Celina
                  • Banned
                  • 2,811 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

I'm spreading the love and am having my BM's bring stuff with them.
                    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users