Photo

Hale Makai Cottages

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

So I fell upon these cottages and love them! Anyone stayed there?

I contacted them for info but thought I might see if anyone had any reviews. I wonder if I can actually have our cermony there?

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:49 PM

Do you have any pics you can post? (i am thinking about Kauai for our HM)
      Thanks! :)

#3 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
      • 1,225 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:23 PM

Kauai Photo Gallery

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

thanks for posting!

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:39 PM

Ok Girl -when is your wedding? i will be able to give you 1st hand account and pics - i just booked part of our honeymoon there!!! thank you so much for finding this amazing place :)

#6 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
            • 1,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              Ok Girl -when is your wedding? i will be able to give you 1st hand account and pics - i just booked part of our honeymoon there!!! thank you so much for finding this amazing place :)
              Awesome! So are you staying here instead of the the link you sent me?

Im really loving this place and waiting to hear back more on their wedding packages.

My wedding is Sept 09 :)

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SgtPepperette
                Awesome! So are you staying here instead of the the link you sent me?

Im really loving this place and waiting to hear back more on their wedding packages.

My wedding is Sept 09 :)
                No, we will split up the week - the first half of the week at the Waimea Plantation (hopefully, waiting on prices right now), it has a Spa and a Pool and room service, we will like to be pampered a bit after the wedding, then the 2nd half of the week at Hale Makai for privacy, beach, ocean, hiking, cooking!

#8 anniem

anniem
                • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

My cousins stayed at the Waipouli Beach Resort for my wedding. They got an awesome deal on airfare and condo stay using Travelocity. Here's the resort's website. It is brand new with high end finishes! Also, it is conveniently located on the island if it is your first time.
                  Waipouli Beach Resort

#9 Alyssa

Alyssa
                  • 11,793 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:16 AM

Hale Makai is AWESOME!! My DH and I went here for half of our honeymoon. It is on the North Shore on Hanalei Bay, basically next to the Hanalei Colony Resort - so almost at the end of the road before the NaPali coast.

We went back and forth between the Princeville Hotel or Hale Makai and couldn't be happier with our decision.

We stayed in Cottage 4 "The Ginger" and it is perfect for honeymooners - so private and luxurious with great amenities.

you hear the ocean crashing and the beach is beautiful - it is also a very good snorkeling beach - mostly locals.

the ONLY negative thing i can say is that there are some fierce mosquitos here - we have gone to rainforests and jungles but for some reason, these mosquito's were unbearable - which did put a damper on eating outside or sitting outside too long to watch sunsets
                    it did rain a lot at night during the time we were there so that may be a factor - it's still worth going.

here are some pictures!

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users