• VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacgarcia
I'm going to buy this: Welcome to the Guestbook Store!
This is so so cute!!! I love it.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 weez

weez
  • 151 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

I really love that site too Anny! Great find! Thanks for all the ideas, keep em coming....! Lol!

#13 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,680 posts
    • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
    • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
    • LocationUtah

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:23 PM

Anny that was an excellent site! I may have to steal some of their layouts and comments.I have been thinking about the guestbook and I think I want to make my own. I'm going to buy a binder/scrapbook and design a blurbage on some cardstock. I'll bring all the cardstock with me to mexico, it shouldn't take up much room. I figure while the guests are having cocktails and we're doing pictures they can each write on their own cardstock. I'm thinking of asking how they know us, their favorite memory of us. where they travelled from, etc. I too love the photos added later. I may have to do that. So many ideas to be inspired from, isn't there? I'll keep you girls posted and put up some pics once it's complete :)

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 07:25 PM

maybe not too practical for a DW - but this is a cute idea too - Wedding Signature Platters - Unique hand painted guest books

#15 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:30 PM

Ann I love all the different plates! So pretty!

I wanted to do a picture of us with a mat frame for everyone to sign, but I really like the plates too!

#16 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

I do too - I just don't know if I wnat to try to travel with it. It would be great for an AHR though - or a careful packer!

#17 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
          • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 10:40 PM

I don't know if anyone here is doing this, but I love the engagement photo mat guestbook. For those who don't know, you enlarge an engagement photo to 11x14 or larger, and then frame it with an extra wide mat. You leave the glass off, and the guests sign around the photo on the mat. Note! If you leave the frame off for signing, make sure you put photo or painting tape around the edges where the frame will be, and write "Don't sign here". Otherwise, people end up signing on the edge and it gets covered up by the frame later on.

Another idea that's great for destination weddings, (although people usually have a regular guest book in addition to this) is to buy postcards from your destination. At the reception, your guests leave well-wishes on them. Then, you have someone (coordinator, mother, friend) send the postcards to you throughout your first year of marriage.
            ~A & C

#18 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Soon to be Mrs. Hull
              This is so so cute!!! I love it.
              and they're doing it for me in spanish for no extra charge

#19 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:40 PM

wow Anny that is great. I showed Will my FI and he said he thought it was too much but we are going to "borrow" the main idea of the book and create our own I think.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#20 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

You know, I wanted to do the platter or picture frame idea, but with only a little over a hand full of guests there's nothing that I can come up with that would be cute and not look to sparse....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users