BDW Biggest Loser Season 2 Official CHAT thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Good job Yari. I think consistency is the key but it's so hard to stay consistent!
No kidding, it's a pain in the arse!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda freaking out because I misplaced my digital camera & my folks are coming in from out of town so unless I find it before they get here, I probably won't get to send in a pic!! smile27.gif I did PM Maura though because my weight is the exact same as last week so maybe if I don't find the digi cam, she can just post that I stayed the same?? I hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
well i just weighed in, with absolutely no change. so altogether, i've lost 4.8, which i believe is 3.7% of my weight.

the good news is that my current weight is w/in my height parameters, so i changed my goal weight at ww, and am now at goal!!!! i wouldn't have done this, except i know that my previous goal was good 2 years ago when i made lifetime, and is not really reasonable or maintainable now.

3.7% is amazing!! Great job on reaching your goal!!! thewave.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Alex i was thinking you. I thought you had a couple of really big weeks.

I think what some girls lost in one week was close to what i lost the whole contest.

Well i'm proud of myself, i thought i would lose more. I was aiming for 15lbs and i lost 10.5. i would like to lose 20 more by the wedding. But i am now fitting into a size smaller pants, which i'm excited about. And fi has been telling me that i look nice a lot lately, which before the contest i was always wearing sweats and activewear. i've been dressing better so i feel better.

I'm going to treat myself to a twist custard cone this weekend. i've been craving it for weeks now. I'm so excited for it lol.

Well i'm proud of all you girls that stuck with it!!! It was tough. I'm dying to find out who the winner is. So many girls had really big weeks.

10.5... wow great job Danielle!! I was hoping to lose 10, but that didn't happen! Enjoy that twist custard cone - you deserve it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yari View Post
So...I had a pretty good weight loss this week.

I have been consistent the last few weeks. I can't wait to see who won!

Consistency is a very good thing!! I'm with you on being anxious to find out the winner!

So all in all I didn't lose much. A measly 5 lbs. BUT I am very happy with all my progress! I may not have lost big numbers, but I am positive that my inches have gone down significantly! At the pool party we had on Friday, all my friends were taking turns feeling my abs (they even called their boyfriends over to have a feel! lol) & everyone I see keeps asking what's different about me! I was carrying heavy things at my friends garden centre & one lady actually exclaimed "look at your biceps!!!" So I really feel great!

Once I find my camera, I'll post some after pics in my blog because I posted before ones too! Thanks everyone for all the motivation throughout season 2! Also a HUGE thank you to Ann & Maura for helping out!! pinkie.gif

I am definately in for season 3.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren c. View Post
lol, i'm also 5', so every pound means a different size! i have pants in 5 different sizes in my closet, and i can never predict what will fit when!!! i did the sacred heart diet. i was afraid that i wouldn't be able to keep it off, and i think that if i didn't enjoy the soup so much, i may not have been able to. it's only been a week, but since i like the soup so much, i'll continue eating it even though i'm not following the diet.
That's me too Lauren. I have about 6 different sizes in my closet. I've had a HUGE weight gain in the past 4 years so I haven't had the heart to clear out the smaller sizes. I'm just hoping to recycle some of them. :) I'm only 5' too so I know how hard it is when you have a slight weight gain. Not much body for it to spread over.

My doctor also told me this last week that girls under 5'3 have the hardest time losing weight. Ummm...duh! I already knew that. However, I'm on a super strict diet now and hoping it kick those lbs to the curb finally. I feel super motivated which is really funny since a freakin' wedding couldn't even motivate me!

Honestly Danielle- I would have joined the last two seasons but I hate the idea of weighing in and sending the picture. I'm just SO ashamed of my weight right now that I'm not comfortable with anyone seeing it- even my doctor or myself. sad.gif

I had a VERY long appointment with my doctor last week based upon some lab work. He's given me some meds, plus a strict diet and exercise regime. I'm hoping to at least kick start my losses and then when I feel comfortable with the #s to hopefully join one of the upcoming BL contests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Honestly Danielle- I would have joined the last two seasons but I hate the idea of weighing in and sending the picture. I'm just SO ashamed of my weight right now that I'm not comfortable with anyone seeing it- even my doctor or myself. sad.gif

I had a VERY long appointment with my doctor last week based upon some lab work. He's given me some meds, plus a strict diet and exercise regime. I'm hoping to at least kick start my losses and then when I feel comfortable with the #s to hopefully join one of the upcoming BL contests.
Oh i'm sorry you feel so bad. We all know what it's like to strungle with your weight so there's no need to feel embarrassed around us. I'm glad that you went to the dr's though that's a good step. Goodluck with your weightloss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post

I wish you all the best with your weightloss. I completely understand about not wanting to post anything here, but remember we are all here to motivate & support you, not judge you. We're all here to support you!! elefant.gifelefant.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by nueland View Post
I have lost a total of 12.6 pounds! pinkie.gif Was going for 20 but that will do... I still have untill November to get the rest off!

Congrats! 12.6 is an amazing loss!!

ladies- i got really busy at work this morning and have been away from my desk - but PLEASE send your stuff to me and NOT to ann today.

if you dont already have my email address, PM me your weight with a link to your photo in photobucket or something. i will check in periodically when i can today.