BDW Biggest Loser Season 2 Official CHAT thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
i haven't had a bloody mary in a really long time, sounds good. i already have what i'm going to eat picked out, this way i don't look at the menu and end up picking something bad out. a grilled tuna salad, the dressing isn't really healthy but it's better than the rest of the menu.
I love vodka with diet tonic and a twist of lime! U should try it. It's not so bad. Also, vodka with sugar free red bull has little to no calories. I drink that as well but have to limit myself to 3 or you'll see me jumping off the walls!!! Stay away from margaritas! They're yummy but go straight to my tummy!

karla

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the worst drinks are margaritas, pina coladas (or really anything creamy) Which I do love me a good chocolate martini every once in awhile. But cosmos are actually the better choice. Now all this talk about drinking is making me want one. I think I'll have to have a vodka and diet sierra mist when I get home..or a bloody mary..or both :) But I don't have my dinner planned out so that could lead to trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
I'm going out for girls night. I don't know what i'm going to drink. I'm not a beer drinker, i usually drink vodka mixed with soda or redbull, or maybe a martini. anyone have any suggestions?
I have a girls night tonight too and haven't decided what I want to drink, but I almost always try to choose drinks that are lo cal, you could do:

captain & diet coke
vodka & soda water w/lemon or lime
vodka & soda water w/splash of oj or cran
vodka & crystal light (this is really only an option at home)

can you tell I like vodka??

vodka & diet sprite is good too, but I know around here not many places have diet sprite.

I try to avoid juices (which is easy since I hate juice)

I don't even know where we're going to eat tonight, and I have done so bad eating all day, I'm not even hungry and I just ate two granola bars just to eat them! I think I just want sugar.

I wish I had more time so I could work out before I leave, but I have to get ready to get in the shower. Good luck this weekend girls!

tomorrow is our wedding thank-you reunion at my parents' house. we've invited some of our guests to give them a small professional wedding album (5x5in., 10 pics).

my dad's cooking, which never means low fat, but i can have salad and whatnot...

it's the drinks that i'm worried about - i'm bringing my margarita maker and my blender, to add to the blenders that my parents are having several other people bring...they'll have margs and pina coladas and strawberry dacquiris going all day!!!! i don't particularly love any fruity drinks, and can't handle margaritas (no tequila for me!) so i'll probably drink wine all day - and i mean ALL DAY!

hope i can keep my act together - i've been so good all week!

Does anyone have any drink suggestions that don't involve pop or anything carbonated?? I used to drink ALOT of pop so I cut it out of my diet & it's been 10 months since I've had a sip of pop OR anything carbonated :) Might not sound like much, but it's a HUGE deal to me & I'm super proud of myself. I usually have a beer with the boys, but I know this isn't the best think for me to drink!

My Mom & aunts came to town this weekend & I am super proud of myself (other than dinner!) We went to Timmies for breakfast & everyone else had bacon & sausage breakfast sandwiches & I had only coffee (I had fruit & cereal at home before we met) & then they all had french fries & doughnuts at the food court & I had a mini-sub. BUT then for dinner I had garlic bread, mushroom caps, deep fried haddock & fries.... I feel guilty, but it's the only really bad meal I've had in 2 weeks so I guess it's okay.... DAMN, I just remembered the double chocolate cake we had for dessert.... huh.gif Maybe I'm not so good! hehe

Exercise has been shaky lately; not doing what I should be. I REALLY need to step-up the cardio to burn some fat!! Ideally I want to get this out of the way first thing in the morning when I wake up, before I have breaskfast! Anybody have any motivation help to get me to drag my @$$ out of bed & actually want to get out of the house?! Especially on an empty stomach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xandrafaye View Post
Does anyone have any drink suggestions that don't involve pop or anything carbonated?? I used to drink ALOT of pop so I cut it out of my diet & it's been 10 months since I've had a sip of pop OR anything carbonated :) Might not sound like much, but it's a HUGE deal to me & I'm super proud of myself. I usually have a beer with the boys, but I know this isn't the best think for me to drink!

Exercise has been shaky lately; not doing what I should be. I REALLY need to step-up the cardio to burn some fat!! Ideally I want to get this out of the way first thing in the morning when I wake up, before I have breaskfast! Anybody have any motivation help to get me to drag my @$$ out of bed & actually want to get out of the house?! Especially on an empty stomach?
Cutting out sodas for 10 months is AWESOME!!!! That sounds like a HUGE deal to me!!!! WAY TO GO!!!

I read tips about forcing yourself to do morning cardio in a magazine recently...the one that really stuck with me was...

1) keep your make-up bag at the gym so that your forced to go there before you can go to work

I remember this one too.....set your workout clothes and shoes right next to your bed so all you have to do is roll out of bed and put them on...once you've got them on you'll be more inclined to get your workout in...

I have been so BAD this weekend!!

I had a girls night out on friday, DH was gone all weekend, so hailey and I watched a movie and ate ice cream for dinner last night and today I had a bridal shower to go to and then DH ordered pizza!! AHHHHHH!!! I am not going near the scale until wednesday and I'm going to have to work my butt off this week!!! I'm so mad at myself!

I too had a bad weekend so it looks like I'm going to starve myself and workout like a mad woman the next couple of days. FI and I went to Olive Garden last night we had a gift card to use. So, had a bloody mary and a glass of wine and ate pretty bad. I only ate half my meal because I filled up on salad and did have only one breadstick so that was somewhat good. I had egg beaters for my only other meal that day because I knew we were going to Olive Garden plus I did a 5 mile walk. But then we got home and my neighbors invited us over for drinks and I had 4 lite beers..uggh. So, today I've been having a lazy day since FI is golfing in an outing and I'm kinda hungover. I should exercise but I have no motivation.