Photo

Passed appetizers during cocktail

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 marip123

marip123
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

We are doing passed appetizers during cocktail, and I'm wondering if 5 per person/1 of each is enough? For anyone who has done this, do you have any advice? FI thinks is plenty, but I'm feeling like we should order a few more of each?

Thank you!
    Steph and Ben - 6/8/08! We did it!

#2 sassybride

sassybride
    • Banned
    • 294 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

I asked a few ppl about this and most say between 3-5/ per person. This is also what the WC told me.
      Staying at...RIU PALACE LOS CABOS

(Reception at the Westin Los Cabos)55 Guests attending

#3 MarchBride

MarchBride
      • 101 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

My caterer suggested at least 3 per person, so I think 5 is more than enough. You need to leave room for dinner.

#4 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 9,504 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

5 is plenty. If they are passed people won't take as many as they would from a buffet. Are you doing a variety of 5 menu items or 5 pieces per person? Either way you'll have enough.

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 5,752 posts
          • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

steph, knowing your situation, i think 5 is plenty. not to mention how freaking expensive the passed appetizers are at the westin and that you are only doing the passed apps to appease your mom. i think 5/pp is plenty. thats an avg price of $25 per person just for freakin appetizers

#6 marip123

marip123
          • 211 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Maura
            steph, knowing your situation, i think 5 is plenty. not to mention how freaking expensive the passed appetizers are at the westin and that you are only doing the passed apps to appease your mom. i think 5/pp is plenty. thats an avg price of $25 per person just for freakin appetizers
            Right! It is to appease my mom, so 5 it is. Thanks for all your inputs. I didn't up the amount , and right, I want people to be hungry and enjoy their dinner.

#7 frazali

frazali
            • 245 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:04 PM

If you were only doing passed apps, then I would up the number, but since you are having a meal as well, I think 5 is a good number.

#8 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:08 PM

I have planned plenty of cocktail hours and the typical number of passed apps is 5-6/pp. I think 5 is plenty, but if you wanted to reduce that number none of your guests would even notice especially when dinner is immediately following.
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

#9 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

Ok totally random question- do you have a large party going or is it small intimate? Only reason I ask is that we had a super small party (20) and most of them were family. They had to be on hand for pics.

We had passed apps too (it's part of the package) but most people didn't even get the change to enjoy it. They were too busy talking and waiting to be called up for a pic. Then we had to wait for my grandpa to finish chomping on one to take a pic. LOL
                  Happily married since 2008

#10 marip123

marip123
                  • 211 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                    Ok totally random question- do you have a large party going or is it small intimate? Only reason I ask is that we had a super small party (20) and most of them were family. They had to be on hand for pics.

We had passed apps too (it's part of the package) but most people didn't even get the change to enjoy it. They were too busy talking and waiting to be called up for a pic. Then we had to wait for my grandpa to finish chomping on one to take a pic. LOL
                    Funny!! I love grandparents!!

We have 30 people coming, so it's small. We will have about 30 minutes to have group pictures before the cocktail hour. It was my mom's idea for us having appetizers. She thought it was necessary, so be it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users