9 hour layover not mentioned!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

9 hrs is awful. They definately should of told you that before booking a flight. You have 21 people going, they should of taken better care of a group that large. Definately call and tell them your not happy.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#12 lscilley

lscilley
    • 1,466 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:08 AM

9 hours ouch that's a long time. I hate layover's I wish everywhere you could fly had direct flights. I hope you get this figured out and don't have to wait that long.

#13 SunBride

SunBride
      • 1,499 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:30 AM

Are you on the weddingsbells forum as well (a canadian forum?) A lot of brides have used your agent. I've heard of both good expereinces and bad (don't want to suggest that there is more of one type than the other because I don't know, most people don't post much if they have problems with their agent out of fear of the agents seeing the comments, so they discuss their issues via PM with others)

I think a 9 hour layover is completely unacceptable. If I was your guest I would be pissed, no offense (and in general, I am very much a "it's your wedding and do what you want and I'll be happy for you and won't complain" type of person). Luckily you have lots of time to do something about it.

At an absolute minimum you should get free hotel rooms, but changing to a better flight would be better.

If there are no other flights available, I can understand, but your agent DEFINITELY should have pointed this out to you. Sure, maybe it was on your itinerary, but I can see how you could have missed it. She definitely should have warned you clearly about it before you booked or put down deposits!

#14 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

9 hours?!?!?! Good grief!!

That's excessive - and then some. I'd have a chat with your agent. Find out if there are other flights available and then start pushing to have them cover the costs. If you don't like the response, then talk with your agent's supervisor - go as far up as you have to because that's just dumb.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#15 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
        • 5,681 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:46 AM

Wow, 9 hours is so not cool!

#16 relish.77

relish.77
          • 14 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the support! At least I now know that I'm not crazy for feeling how I do. I am still upset about the entire thing.
            This really is the first trip I have ever planned- let alone for a massive group. When setting up the trip with her, she mentioned nothing about the itinerary, and I just figured it all must be smooth, because a hickup she'd mention- well, she didn't. I still can't believe I heard about it from my fiance's aunt (and she's a complainer, so now I have her to deal with too).
            I've written a HUGE letter to my TA and haven't had a response yet, but if there's nothing by later today, I'm calling, and yes I'm prepared to go as high up as I can. I just hope there is something that can be done, after all, the deposits are down and I believe we are now stuck with them. I can't believe this. I'm so angry adn I don't know how I"m going to break this to all of my guests.....

#17 relish.77

relish.77
            • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

Oh ya, I forgot to mention that it's a 9 hour OVERNIGHT layover.....

#18 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:20 PM

OMG, I thought it was bad when I read a 9 hour layover but OVERNIGHT That is insane. I would have defintely thought the TA had told you. So sorry to hear you are going through this! No fun at all!

#19 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

overnight, this just gets better doesn't it. WTF was your ta thinking. i can't wait to hear her response to your letter.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#20 relish.77

relish.77
                  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Well, thank god, they are working on it. She has taken it to her managers and they are "trying" to rearrange it. So, hopefully it happens...dear god it had better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users