Photo

Carly's planning pics

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#101 nickicolb123

nickicolb123
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:00 PM

I LOVe your color combo and your shoes. I am doing orange and blue(I think), but now i'm inspired to add some hot pink to the mix

#102 scottgm2

scottgm2
    • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

great ideas, everything looks great

#103 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for the nice comments! It's been almost a year, but it's cool for this thread to be made new again b/c it gives me a reason to look at my pics again!

#104 scottgm2

scottgm2
        • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

everything looks great. wonderful job

#105 Erin6341

Erin6341
          • 298 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

Wow, I'm really late on this thread, but I'm glad it's back. I'm really thinking about sewing my OOT bags too. Carly, I love your fabric. I know it was awhile ago, but what type of fabric did you use? Also, do you think it was cheaper, more expensive or about the same price to make your own?

#106 Erin6341

Erin6341
            • 298 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

double post!

#107 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Erin, thanks for your compliments! I have NO idea what the type of fabric was actually. I just went to Joann's and searched until I found the perfect pattern and matching colors. The pink and white hibiscus had a bit of stretch to it; the orange, pink and blue pattern was linen-y, but I don't think it was linen; and the linings were just cotton in the colors that matched. I don't think it matters much since it's just a bag.

Since that was my first real sewing project, it probably cost more (in time and materials) to make them myself then it would be to buy them. I enjoyed the project, but it was very time-consuming. But if you are an experienced sewer, you will probably have an eaiser time them me. My sister is a little more advanced at sewing them me, but still new to it and we didn't have a pattern, so there was a lot of trial and error.

When they were complete, I had wished I made them larger so they could function as beach bags. Ya know, with room for a towel and to put your coverup in when you take it off and stuff like that. But my sis and lots of other people just used them as bigger purses, like a catchall. So, I guess it's just a matter of preference on what you want.

I will say that I was very proud once the project was complete, and felt that the hardship was worth it. So if you have the time and energy, go for it!

#108 Candice

Candice
                • 223 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Everything looks beautiful!! I especially love the bags you made-they look incredible!
                  50 Adults & 5 Kids Booked!

#109 CaraW

CaraW
                  • 346 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:42 PM

Hey Carly!!
                    Everything looked so great. You did a wonderful job!! Do you mind telling me where you got your maraca's from? I really want to get some for our wedding. :) Thank you!

#110 t777a

t777a
                    • 99 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

wow great pics helps me thimk of all the stuff im forgetting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users