33 replies to this topic

#11 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:25 AM

there's already a HUGE thread with tons of responses on this exact topic, please use the search function

#12 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
  • Vendor
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

would do:
    1. go to COBA (mayan ruins)
    2. spend time visiting at least 5 cenotes
    3. spend the night in a hammock on the beach in a tulum cabana
    (oh, be sure to wake up to watch the sunrise) I did this last week for the first time in my life :)
    4. visit the beaches of tulum, just absolutely beautiful!

Not do again
    1. forget to put on sunscreen
    2. if I were a bride, I'd remember # 1 if I was wearing a strapless dress :)

#13 adias.angel

adias.angel
    • 719 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maura
      there's already a HUGE thread with tons of responses on this exact topic, please use the search function
      Hi,
      Yes that is where I saw this. I am hoping to get things on here that are more specific to the area. AKA wish we had never eaten at XXX restaurant for our dinner. I edited the original post to reflect that.

BTW using the keys words that are listed in the originals threads heading will yield you 0 results. As the developer who created this forum has set the search engine up to not use common words such as those. It is a standard development technique that we do often in search engine generation. :)

Thanks, Carla

#14 can't wait!

can't wait!
      • 517 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

Matt, where is Coba? Are those the Tulum ruins?

And which of the cenotes is your favorite?

#15 Myda77

Myda77
        • 821 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

Very good idea. The last thread like this was very helpful. I would really like to hear what people would do without. It makes decision making so much easier.
          Maida & Tomas
          Circa 2004 - Our first picture together!

#16 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
          • Vendor
          • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by can't wait!
            Matt, where is Coba? Are those the Tulum ruins?

And which of the cenotes is your favorite?
            Coba is one 45 minutes West of Tulum, in the jungle. (not tulum ruins) You can ride bikes ($3 dollar rentals) and enjoy serveral hours touring the property, then top it off by climbing the tallest pyrmaid in the yucatan! Then, there are a few cenotes that are just nearby, the perfect place to cool off. They have some crazy names, that I can't pronounce or even try to spell... Here is the fun part of the adventure....if you see a sign for one, stop and explore.... They are usually $5-$20 for entry...some are WAY more, like hidden worlds cenotes ($80 per person), but its a fun tour!

i have tons of fun videos from our adventures there, one of these days we will have a video section on our new blog so you can live the experience with us...

cheers!
            mateo

#17 Matt Adcock

Matt Adcock
            • Vendor
            • 1,243 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

OH, I almost forgot! WHALE SHARKS

IF you are in the region in the summer (june - august), you can go to Isla Mujeres and charter a trip to go and see the whale sharks migration.

We were swimming with them!

Check this blog link from my last experience (I made a little movie of this experience, underwater...check it out)

Matt Adcock Photography Blog

that was soooo insane and i'd love to do it again!

#18 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                Coba is one 45 minutes West of Tulum, in the jungle. (not tulum ruins) You can ride bikes ($3 dollar rentals) and enjoy serveral hours touring the property, then top it off by climbing the tallest pyrmaid in the yucatan! Then, there are a few cenotes that are just nearby, the perfect place to cool off. They have some crazy names, that I can't pronounce or even try to spell... Here is the fun part of the adventure....if you see a sign for one, stop and explore.... They are usually $5-$20 for entry...some are WAY more, like hidden worlds cenotes ($80 per person), but its a fun tour!

i have tons of fun videos from our adventures there, one of these days we will have a video section on our new blog so you can live the experience with us...

cheers!
                mateo

Matt, we are doing the coba tour you suggested. We are chartering two vans with jorge to see coba & visit a cenote. Thanks for the suggestion! My friends & family are so excited about it.

#19 Infinity22

Infinity22
                • 1,520 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Matt Adcock
                  OH, I almost forgot! WHALE SHARKS

IF you are in the region in the summer (june - august), you can go to Isla Mujeres and charter a trip to go and see the whale sharks migration.

We were swimming with them!

Check this blog link from my last experience (I made a little movie of this experience, underwater...check it out)

Matt Adcock Photography Blog

that was soooo insane and i'd love to do it again!
                  Wow, that's incredible! It's gotta be quite the experience to swim with one of those creatures. How many were there?

#20 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

there seemed to be 2 of these threads dedicated to the RM/Cancun area - so I merged them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users