wedding day mishaps (feel free to add your own!)

My cousin got married a couple of weeks ago and at the end of their vows they were set to do the unity candle ceremony. The minister gave the groom a box of matches, he lit the match but the candle wouldn't light! The match that he was holding burned down close to his fingers and burnt him a bit. Still, being the loving groom he is, he tried again...to no avail. My cousin grabbed the matches and the same thing happened to her. The minister managed to light the candle (after what seemed like the longest 5 minutes) and started saying the words for the unity candle ceremony....the candle flickered out but she didn't notice....my cousin whispered to her that it was out to which the minister replied, "Oh, well let's just pretend that it is". With that, my cousin and her groom picked up the side candles, pretended to light each with the middle one as my cousin was laughing so hard there were tears running down her cheeks! The whole congregation was laughing with her!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a little tame compared to others on here, but it made for some dramatic pictures.  I was at a friend's wedding last month, and when it came time for the rings to be exchanged, the best man had accidentally given the bride and groom their own wedding bands (that is, she had her band in her hand and vice versa).  When the judge asked for the groom to put the ring on the bride's hand, the groom reached for the bride's right hand to get her ring to put on her finger. She, however, thought he was going to put the ring *on* her right hand,  there was some confusion, and she dramatically held up her left hand and looked at him (as if to say, "hello! this hand, not the other one!").  Everyone took it in stride, and rings went on the right hands and fingers eventually.

• 2 months later...

C'mon people I want more stories!! I enjoy reading them a lot more now that my wedding is over and they won't scare me! Nothing really crazy happened at mine...we were taking photographs on rocks and as I stepped down my foot went in a hole and scraped my foot so it started bleeding. Everyone rushed to help me but I kept saying 'Im fine I just don't want any blood on my dress!'

My cousin married a real prize....she was doing shots in the limo after the ceremony, and when she got to the hall, she was hammered and came flying in the bathroom to throw up (as people were waiting in the receiving line for her)....my brother had his new girlfriend there, and the bride came out of the stall, staggering and said in front of a bunch of ladies freshening up..."WHO THE F*&$ ARE YOU????".....

THEN another cousin married, and drunk bride was there as a guest....where she got hammered again, and started a fight which ended in a massive brawl, police helicopters and a crying bride!!!!  (I had the smarts to leave early as I felt the drama tension mounting)

I made my own vows at the last wedding.....to not be in the same room as her ever again!!! 

• 2 months later...

omg its reasons like family like her that i chose a destination wedding and wont be inviting family like that ! lol

Originally Posted by Mwise17 View Post

My cousin married a real prize....she was doing shots in the limo after the ceremony, and when she got to the hall, she was hammered and came flying in the bathroom to throw up (as people were waiting in the receiving line for her)....my brother had his new girlfriend there, and the bride came out of the stall, staggering and said in front of a bunch of ladies freshening up..."WHO THE F*&$ ARE YOU????".....

THEN another cousin married, and drunk bride was there as a guest....where she got hammered again, and started a fight which ended in a massive brawl, police helicopters and a crying bride!!!!  (I had the smarts to leave early as I felt the drama tension mounting)

I made my own vows at the last wedding.....to not be in the same room as her ever again!!! 

• 3 months later...

My sister's wedding was a strange one. They hired this local beach company to set it up and officiate. There was no music for the processional so those of us who were bridesmaids were confused when we were supposed to start walking and how far apart. Then they got to the sand ceremony, the vase they chose wasn't taking the sand. They kept stopping and tapping the vase on the table to make the sand sink down. It got to the point that they were hysterically laughing every time. The whole thing took way longer than it should have =D