wedding day mishaps (feel free to add your own!)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My husband spelled his middle name WRONG on all our marriage license and all the other paperwork!!

We didn't know until I went to pick up the marriage license the day before the wedding. Instead of Roy he put Rory making the license invalid. I couldn't get in touch with him and started second guessing myself that maybe it was Rory and I was wrong thinking it was Roy, and starting wondering what an awful wife I would be if I didn't even know my fiance's middle name! Eventually got a hold of FI and he swore black and blue he signed everything Roy, that's his name he knows how to spell it, blah blah and wouldn't believe me that it was signed Rory. I dashed home and got his passport to verify the name and thankfully the clerk was able to change the license 5 minutes before the town hall closed and wedding was next day!!

I got a copy of the original forms to proof to hubby that he did indeed fill out the applications with wrong name!

HAHA!  Some of these are soo funny!  Thanks for sharing!

I was in a wedding in July and there were a couple mishaps, not so funny, though.

*The brides hairdresser showed up hung over 3 hours late to do the brides hair (she guilted the bride into doing it in the first place) Instead of getting straight to work, she proceeds to hover over me where I was eating and starts eating MY food I didn't finish while I am sitting there-didn't even ask, didn't even know her!  I was kind of appalled someone would just eat off of someone's plate without asking first.  She then sits and starts chatting with the girls she did know-um...we have to leave in an hour!  She finally proceeds to do the brides hair then asks for a drink, I might add she wouldn't give the bride a hair trial a week before because she wanted to miss traffic. The Brides hair is an absolute mess!  You can see bobby pins, hair falling out, etc...Bride is bawling at this point, but the hairdresser doesn't care.  The MOH finally had to pull the HD aside and tell her to stop so we could have the ladies doing our hair finish the brides hair.  HAHAHA!  She was so p*ssed and threatened to come to the ceremony!  I personally can't wait to NEVER recommend this train wreck!!!

**Bride and groom rented a party bus to get us back to the hotel for the reception and breaks down in a bad part of Denver.  It's mid July no A/C so there we are standing outside of the bus waiting for a new one to pick us up!  Laughing at this point.  Just standing on the corner!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This isnt related to my wedding (as i havent had it yet)...but a wedding i saw yesterday on the beach at sandos caracol during my site visit!

so there is a small area roped off for weddings, and either side there are all the sun loungers with people sunbathing/ it was around 4.30pm so still a lot of people around.

i think it was a symbolic ceremony...as was over super fast. and just as theyre finishing up and walking to the table with champagne for toasts.

And there was a drunk guy...late teens but must be old enough to drink, who obviously thought it would be hilarious to start heckling and shouting stuff like "don't do it...its a mistake! youll regret your wedding" while laughing manically.

what an ass!! i *think* the couple didnt hear, but some of their guests definitely did. what a nightmare! its really swaying my decision towards having a private wedding somewhere... as if i heard someone saying that i'd go over and make a show of myself by shouting

• 1 month later...

OMG, I am having my wedding at Sandos Caracol and I have been debating on the gazebo vs. the beach as I am concerned about the other resort guests imposing on my time. Overall what did you think of Caracol? i will not be doing a site visit, just hoping to H*ll it all works out :)