Photo

Waxing your armpits?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
  • 933 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

i was just thinking that. i hope i remember to keep track of that !
    My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#22 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by JennyK
      I highly recommend it.. don't have to worry about shaving every day! I actually do mine myself at home :)
      jenny, do you have a certain brand you use? or do you get to use the good stuff since you work in a salon?

#23 Chiquita

Chiquita
      • 2,674 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

I second laser hair removal.. we have a whole thread on it somewhere :) I'm getting my arms and brazilian area (ALL of it) done and LOOOOVE it.

#24 lilywu@ladhs.org

lilywu@ladhs.org
        • 57 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:15 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JennyK
          it is kinda messy i will admit. lol

its probably SO painful doing laser..
          Laser isn't too bad. Just make sure you purchase their numbing cream and slap it on a hour before you do your treatment. Also, make sure you don't shave the day of - it's a little sensitive. And take an additional pain killer if you really don't want to feel it. The armpits are painless, but the upper lip and the brazillian is a little more sensitive.

#25 smnewman

smnewman
          • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 01:38 PM

Wow...I couldn't imagine getting my underarms waxed! I went in for a bikini wax one time, and left only with one side done. I screamed and cussed so much, she told me she wouldn't be able to finish if I didn't shut up. I ended the nightmare on my own. :)
            However...I had laser hair removal done on my underarms for one year (typical time), and I really don't have to shave anymore. Seriously...it's all gone. I think I have about three or four hairs on each arm left. No bumps, no more ingrowns. I'm telling you - I barely ever raised my arms because even after shaving it still looked like I hadn't in days. A year later, no hair...it looks like any other part of my body now. It was so worth the cost. I went to American Laser Center. You can usually get a pretty good deal - especially if you decide to include other body parts.
            Sarah

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users