Sign in to follow this  
indypitty

Mexican Wedding Flags

Hey gals, just had to bump.gif this thread because i found an amazing (and much cheaper) company that sells the white wedding papel picado!

I purchased them from Dos Mujeres Mexican Folk Art for $31.55 including shipping for 4 strands. I bought them on clearance, but they must've just gotten a new shipment or something right after I bought mine because I just checked their website and they now have new photos of what it looks like (they didnt have photos when I ordered it two days ago for my shower, only got the photos via email from my contact there) and the price has gone up from what I paid for it. Nonetheless, they were great to work with and I recommend them. They now are selling them for $11.25 for 15 flags on a string, each string being 15 feet long. Cheaper than a lot of other places!

https://boar.he.net/~meixcanf/episto...searchC=picado

here's a close up photo they sent me:

Click the image to open in full size.

and a photo of all designs:

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks Maura! I was going to order some from Marcia's Mexican Wonders and we kept going rounds over the shipping - I just want an easy place to deal with. These sound great!

We're using papel picado at our wedding.

Casa Bonampak Online Store - fair-trade certified store in California. You can have custom banners made with one month advance notice.

OR Cut It Out - artist in Texas who makes larger papel picado placemats, tablecloths, etc. She has kits to do your own, so we're sending them to kids of friends & family so that they can contribute to the decorations.