Photo

My latest Anxiety

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
  • 933 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

So, those of you who know anything about me, know that I have anxiety and OCD issues. Well, guess what? With the wedding one week away, things are in high gear! My latest anxiety is this: what if the plane that has everyone I love in it, crashes? I cannot stop thinking about it. If I am alone or sitting around, this pops into my head. I am having trouble falling asleep at night with worry. Does anyone else ever think this or am I the only looney-tune?
    Another anxiety is that something bad will happen to somebody before we leave. That is also something that I cannot stop thinking about. I know that it is stupid, that nothing I do can change what is going to happen but I cannot help it. Even as I type this, it sounds silly but tell that to my brain! I think I need a xanax! Oh well, at least typing it makes me feel better! I cannot really tell anyone about this except Ryan and my mom. So it feels better to tell you guys! Thanks for listening!
    My favorite type of vacation, a relaxing one!

http://tickers.Ticke....d7b2/event.png

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:21 PM

OMG, I have the same fear, but was afraid to even say it out loud or tell anyone, cuz then I didn't want them scared to get on the plane either!

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

Honey, beilieve me, you are not the only one that does this. When I was really starting to get frusterated with the whole planning thing, I started breaking out into hives all over my body, I have never had that before. Something I learned though...... alcohal works wonders!!!
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 Yari

Yari
        • VIP Member
        • 10,928 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

You are not alone. I also have the same fear.

Lately, I am freaking out that my FI is going to get hurt or die. I have not told anyone this, cause I know I am being silly. But I think about it constantly. I am so happy and afraid that it will go away...

#5 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
          • 933 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

do you guys know how much I love you?!?! I really thought that I was crazy! Carly, you must be super stressed because it is soon time for you to leave too! Thanks so much for telling me that I am not alone! It makes me feel less like having nervous diarrhea!

#6 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:30 PM

I've definitely thought about the plane crashing with so many people I love on it. (I'll be on a different flight from most of my guests and FI.) It's totally normal, you just can't let it get the best of you.

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

I know, and then I worry about the guilt that I would have to live with forever, if the peopl ethat I loved were hurt on the way to my wedding! Ahhhhhh!

I am trying to reason those thougts away by saying, that I am only worrying aboutt hat cuz there is nothing else to worry about since it's so close! Yeah, that's it. A mind just needs something to worry about, so it's making it up.

#8 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                • 933 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

i think about the guilt too and then I feel guilty for thinking about the guilt!

oh well, off to get a facial! Maybe that will help!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:40 PM

hahahaa, me too! Guilty for feeling guilty. Man we ARE going crazy. I can't wait for the quiet after the storm. (Ya know the time right AFTER the wedding, when there is nothing to do, nothing to craft, nothing to worry about.)

#10 amandalovesryan

amandalovesryan
                    • 933 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

carly, the facial helped! i def recommend it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users