Photo

Cabo Welcome Dinner

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:42 PM

I have tried to re-read all the reviews of previous cabo bride but it hard when this info is not all in one place....I am heading down to Cabo at the end of Febuary to final some of our plans. I am working on a list of possable welcome dinner locations. We are expecting 30 adults and 8 kids to attend. I am hoping to spend less than $35 per person for this evening total - don't know if this is doable but sure would like to try. Here is what I have so far - please let me know if I have missed anything that have been great in the past. Also if you have any of the menus or contact info that would be great to.

Mi Casa
    La Panga Antigua (might be a little too pricey)
    Tabasco Beach Club
    Desperados
    Damiana in San Jose
    Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
    http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#2 Janet

Janet
    • VIP Member
    • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:24 PM

Although I loooooooooved La Panga, I think it's going to be too pricey for your budget. But you should eat there on your honeymoon! :) If you still want to contact them I think their website is La panga antigua restaurant & bar, San Jose del Cabo, Los Cabos, Mexico and they are really responsive.

#3 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 27 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

kash, had some good suggestions...and jend just got back...didnt she have a great welcome dinner?

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#4 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

Wish i was more help on this one. Someone mentioned Edith's while I was in Cabo, but I think it is a little pricey.

We're doing a drop in welcome reception in our suite, so I haven't researched this.

Oh, and Pancho's, but I don't think they've received great reviews lately (I don't remember who, but someone had a tequilla tasting there...was it Jen?)
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#5 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

have u maybe thought of doing one of those sunset cruises? or is that not really your style?

#6 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
          • VIP Member
          • 11,403 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Don't forget about Baja Cantina Beach. I can forward you the menu & pricing if you like. I think this option would fit your budget a bit easier than some of the others.

#7 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
            • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
              Don't forget about Baja Cantina Beach. I can forward you the menu & pricing if you like. I think this option would fit your budget a bit easier than some of the others.
              yes please do! thanks! send it to sseay@beazer.com

#8 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
              • 1,188 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 12:38 PM

OH YEAH - puerto veija is another that i need to add to the list - that is the place that Jen used and loved.....Jern can you send me any contact info or menus you have?

#9 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
                • VIP Member
                • 931 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

We're using Tabasco's for our WD. We have around 80-100 guests so we're taking over the whole beach.

I believe dinner is $27 pp for shrimp, chicken enchiladas, and chile relleno with rice & beans. Our bar min is around 800 (I think)

#10 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
                  • VIP Member
                  • 11,403 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

Sarah - I just sent you 2 emails w/bar & menu pricing for Baja.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users