Photo

Random good news..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:25 AM

Well this weekend if the first weekend since we started fostering that we currently don't have a foster. Friday night the puppy went to her forever home and yesterday we did an adoption event, and a couple came in, already approved and was waiting to be matched, they have been waiting for 2 months, so we call one of the board members and their was a slight mix up and they thought the family wanted a puppy, so they were on a waiting list. Well they didn't want a puppy, this is their first dog and they wanted one laid back.. Them met Buster and fell in love with him, just seeing them together you just knew it was a perfect match, the women told me she hasn't been this happy since her wedding day almost 20 years ago.. So they adopted our senior boston, he's going to be very spoiled by them.

I'm still in shock that he got adopted so quickly, seniors tend to be around longer. So now we wait for our next foster, I'm sure it won't take them long to place one with us. Rumor has it that a 4 year old female might be coming in soon in our area, so maybe I'll have another female in the house.. But wow, DH and I went for a walk "WITH ONLY TWO DOGS" I can't remember the last time that happened.. I'm going to enjoy my non-crazy house for as long as it lasts...

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

that is great Tammy! that you have some peace and quiet and that all of these dogs keep finding good homes!!!

#3 Saraha

Saraha
      • 2,597 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:07 PM

Oh Im so happy Mr. Buster Brown found a loving home.

#4 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

That is awesome! They sound like a perfect match! Congratulations!!

#5 Chiquita

Chiquita
          • 2,674 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:07 PM

That's great new Tammy! Sounds like he will be going to the perfect forever home :)

#6 NYJen

NYJen
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:12 PM

That's awesome!!! I love hearing good new like this - especially if it involves doggies.

#7 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Enjoy the quiet, Tammy! The last boston we adopted was a senior, and he was the sweetest and most polite dog ever. In fact, if he ever did something he thought was wrong, we would find him in a corner - he put himself in time-out! Needless to say, we would never scold him as he was so tender-hearted it would break his heart. We're looking forward to hearing about and seeing pictures of your next foster!

#8 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:52 PM

Tammy enjoy the peace and quiet while you can, I know you were worn out from the last three foster experiences. Spend some quality time with your boys.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                • VIP Member
                • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

Wow, that's great news!!! How long was Buster with you guys, Tammy? Are you missing him? It must feel sort of empty in your casa right now! I hope you get the female dog :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                  "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
                  • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

That's awesome Tammy, it's good to know Buster will have a great home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users