Photo

Are you having your honeymoon at the same resort?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

We are staying, but we're staying longer than our family & guests so we'll have some time together

#32 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
    • 1,572 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

We've been debating this too... thinking about going to another city in Jamaica afterwards, or at least changing locations (beach vs. cliffs)....

#33 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
      • 1,881 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

We are staying at the resort with our friends & fam for 10 days. then the day after the wedding when everyone leaves we will move to a small boutique hotel for our honeymoon for another week.
        http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
        February 14, 2009

#34 Team Gracey

Team Gracey
        • 53 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:17 PM

We're having our wedding at the Moon Palace in Cancun, MX and our honeymoon at The Royal in Playa Del Carmen. The 2 places are close, but far enough away so that we can enjoy our honeymoon together, as should the 2 of you. I would suggest having everyone get there early and have a welcome dinner for everyone that could make it to show you appreciate them coming and to spend some quality time with friends and family. That way once the wedding is over it's "y'all's time."

#35 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:35 PM

We were first going to go to a different resort but then decided against it.
            We're gonna stay at our resort, and plan on staying a little longer than most guests anyway.
            I love the resort where the wedding is, so I'm happy.
            Plus this is truly one of the only times in our lives that all of our family and good friends will be together. And especially in an exotic place. Makes it that much more cool! :) I think it will be neat. Weddingmoon!
            We plan on going to Europe later this year, just us two.

#36 TheTomato

TheTomato
            • 45 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:53 PM

I am getting married in St. John USVI. We chartered a catamaran and will stay on it with a captain and cook for a week sailing around the virgin islands as our honeymoon. I can't wait!

#37 JamaicaBride2009

JamaicaBride2009
              • 88 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:28 PM

My fiance and I are going to be married at Beaches Resort in Jamaica. After 4 days, we are moving right down the road to the Sandals resort so that we can enjoy some alone time on our Honeymoon. We couldn't afford an entirely different honeymoon, so this is a great compromise. We are both happy with this decision.
                Jodi

#38 JennyK

JennyK
                • 3,502 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by cmmdee
                  We were first going to go to a different resort but then decided against it.
                  We're gonna stay at our resort, and plan on staying a little longer than most guests anyway.
                  I love the resort where the wedding is, so I'm happy.
                  Plus this is truly one of the only times in our lives that all of our family and good friends will be together. And especially in an exotic place. Makes it that much more cool! :) I think it will be neat. Weddingmoon!
                  We plan on going to Europe later this year, just us two.
                  you are doing what I'm doing :) Sticking around with fam and Europe later in the year!

#39 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
                  • 1,206 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

We are getting married at Beaches Negril, Jamaica... because we want our day as special for us as our son who will be 6 by the time we are down in Nov. He is very important to us and Beaches just seemed like perfect place to set his world in amazement. Noah will be down with us from the time we arrive on the 5th to leaving with my in-laws on the 10th so that we can have alone time. On that day we are switching resorts and headed over to Couples Swept Away (still in Negril) for some serious adult time. No children just us and other couples enjoying life.

#40 KatyKo

KatyKo
                    • 851 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:43 PM

Our plans are to spend a couple days before the wedding and a couples days after with our family and friends. Then they will head home and we will stay an extra few nights to have our alone time :)

We figure with flight costs being so high, once we get there, it won't cost a whole lot to stay another few days. Our TA found us a great rate for our AI resort in Punta Cana, DR.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users