OOT bags... Buyer BEWARE!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 heather007

• 620 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:57 AM

You are not done yet. You still have 6 months to go. LoL.

#32 twixygrl

• 293 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:52 PM

Good advice...I am well on the path to out of control. I had to cut myself off with the Kids bags already. I can not imagine how many suitecases it is going to take to get this stuff down there!!

#33 DanielleNDerek

• VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by sumrdream
        Your stuff looks great! But that's exactly why I don't think I'm doing OOT bags. I know that I would not be able to stop myself. And since I would have to make about 40 of those babies, it would be insane! I think I'm going to buy beach towels at the StrawMarket when I get down there and give everyone a "Welcome Roll" instead. A Towel, a lipbalm, postcards which I can buy locally and the welcome letter and itinerary for the weekend.....call it a day! It's useful to my guests, I'm stimulating the local economy, and I don't have to haul all the crap down for them! It's a win/win situation! I'm figuring roughly around $6.00 - $8.00 a person.
        I think that's a really great idea. buying the beach towels when you get down there and just rolling it up with lipbalm and whatever else.

i still have to do a mock bag to see how ridiculously stuffed my bag is. i'm waiting for my oot bags to be delivered should be here tomorrow. i can't wait to see how they came out.
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#34 CarrieRN

• 815 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

Your bags sound fabulous! I'm actually having a little meet & greet bbq at my house in early fall and giving the bags out then. (And mailing the ones to my out of staters) They can lug their own stuff down. I want room for my pretty clothes that I will hopefully fit into once I start dieting and exercising like a good bride.
          Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
          Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

#35 caroline

• 697 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

I'd love to be able to do that, Carrie - but unfortunately for me, the majority of my guests are going to be coming from OOT. The few that are headed down there WILL be taking extra baggage. They just don't know it yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users