Wedding gown help

Ok I know my wedding is a million years away but:

For the past few months I have seen a Romona Keveza gown in every bridal magazine. I had cut out the pic to save for when I went dress shopping. I love this gown but everytime they have a model in it she is facing sideways and I can never really see what the gown looks like in front. So of course I started looking for the pic that I saved and now I can't find it. I am so mad at myself. I went on her website and the gown is not pictured there. So weird b/c I think it is a fairly newer gown if it is being used in recent issues of bridal magazines. I have tried googling it and everything else I could think of but no luck. I was hoping one of you professional googlers like Anny who is always able to find everything could help me. It is a long gown with a somewhat full skirt. On the top part of the dress it looks like there is flowers coming from one side of the neck diagonally to the other side. Please help!

-Glenda

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenda, one thing I noticed with some of the dresses I tried that when I looked them up on the websites some of them had jackets or sleeves or whatever, that made me almost not recognize the dress. Could that maybe be the problem with your dress, maybe on the website they have it with different sleeves or a jacket, or something?

Sorry when I was posting my boss was calling me so I had to get off and couldn't type more. Okay I think i saw the dress in Modern Bride and Bride Magazine. But it wasn't the most recent issue, it was the issue before that one. I know the gown cost $3,500 and looks similar to this one 6th one down from the top:

http://www.mercierstudio.com/bio/otr.html

It has flowers on the neckline coming across diagonally like this one, but the flowers were def not that poofy or big. They were much more subtle. Thank you hummingbird for directing me to the knottie sight but unfortunately it wasn't there. I haven't been able to find it anywhere. I can't even understand how it's possible considering it's fairly new. I also remember that whatever magazine I saw it in it was featured in a layout that showed sketches of dresses. And along with the model in the dress they also showed a sketch of the dress next to it. This is going to drive me crazy!! And Jilly I know what your talking about but no, this is such a distinct dress that I would def recognize it even if they had a coat or some king of shawl on it. I have to find this dress! Thank you for your help ladies.

-Glenda

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE her dresses. My favorite dress of this season was by her. It was actually a short dress. The bride had a wedding in Virginia, but I shot a 2nd reception in Atlanta. So...I guess she wanted something shorter since the wedding had already taken place. Anyway - it was so gorgeous! You can't go wrong with her stuff I guess! :)

I looked at the pic you posted - does it have sleeves at all, or is it completely sleeveless? Do you know what material it's made of? Silk, tulle, lace, etc.

If I don't find it in my magazines, I can call a couple of couture bridal salons near me. I should wait until Monday, though - they get really crabby if you call them on a busy Saturday just to ask about a dress! I've found gowns for people, before, though. Don't worry, I'm sure between me and the other girls here, we can help you locate it! :)

It has no sleeves. Hmm I'm not sure what kind of material it is. It's def not chiffon, that much I know. I guess technically it's sort of strapless but the gown is connected at the top by a strap that runs diaganolly across the shoulder to the back of the opposite shoulder. That strap is made out of flowers. It's so hard to describe. The bottom portion is not puffy, and it is not a cake topper dress either. But it is not form fitting and tight. I know I am probably making no sense whatsoever but I really appreciate everyone's help.

-Glenda

OMG I FOUND IT!!! I THINK I AM GOING TO PASS OUT FROM HAPPINESS. Let me see if I can link this properly.

From the Runway

Please look at it and let me know what you think. I am trying to get a pic of what it looks like in the front but I absolutely love this dress! I am so excited I found it. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me, I greatly appreciate it. You guys are the best. smile159.gif smile159.gif smile159.gif smile159.gif

-Glenda