Calling all Plus Sized Brides...

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 jajajaja

• VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

Here's what I did-
    I went to David's Bridal because as all the girls have said, they have a HUGE selection. I figured out what styles looked good on me. Once you figure out the cut that looks best, then you can have fun and figure out what details you like best. I wasn't able to officially try on my dress, but I knew how the specific style looked on me. I ended up so happy with my choice.
    Happily married since 2008

#22 morenaindc

• 221 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

4 sizes bigger? wow. my perspective is changing with each new post! Thanks each of you!! My first appointment was actually scheduled for this friday but my dad has to have surgery so I need to reschedule for next week. I feel much better prepared.

#23 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:05 AM

One plus for Davids Bridal is that they allow you to take pictures of yourself in the dress. Every other bridal store i went to would not allow pictures until you purchase the dress. I'm sure this is so that you can't take the picture to a seamstress and have the dress replicated, which i completely understand. But I also think you don't know what you look like until you see your self in a picture. So..... if someone goes with you and they just happen to have a camera phone...
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#24 jajajaja

• VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

Ya Courtney- I hated the not being able to take pictures either. Which I still don't really get because if it were a fear of having a seamstress replicate it, wouldn't it be just as easy to find a pic online? Of course, I didn't go to any shops that didn't give the name of the designer so I suppose finding the dress without a name would be even harder, if not impossible.

#25 blkladylaw

• 149 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:02 AM

Try Tadashi. tadashicollection.com
            They go up to 18 and xxxl on some styles. They have several Sprin 08 dresses that come in ivory, white, pearl, silver, etc.

I ordered a long silver gown but didn't like it on me but loved a cocktail dress that I got from them
            Nia Long at an Essence Luncheon (Tadashi Collection Weblog)

and I am having it lengthened to a full length dress.
            Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
            Our first baby (a...

#26 morenaindc

• 221 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:49 AM

Update ladies....thanks to all of your suggestions, (and especially Desiree, my wedding date twin) I was able to find a dress! I got a Demetrios ivory/nude colored lace a-line. It is gorgeous and very romantic. I went to Macys Bridal ultimately because they have a sizable selection of plus sized to try on. I'll post a pic when i get them from my MOH. So excited! I guess its official now :)

#27 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

Oh YEAY!!!!! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see it!!!!!

Here's to wedding date twins!
                http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#28 Celina

• Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

Good for you - sounds beautiful - can't wait to see the pics!
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#29 Dbld78

• Banned
                  • 665 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:31 PM

That's great! I'm glad you found something!!!! I can't wait to see the pictures!

#30 jajajaja

• VIP Member
                    • 9,794 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

Congrats. One tough decision down. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users