Photo

Return Address & RSVP Card

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 kr3611

kr3611
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

We just got our invites in the mail from the printer and my FI is upset that the return address and address for the RSVP only says my name. We live together, but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Does this matter or is he just being oversensitive? Everything I've seen said the RSVP can go to whoever is handling the coordination of the guest list.

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

I don't think it matters at all. Just let him know that traditionally it is addressed to the bride.

#3 Celina

Celina
      • Banned
      • 2,811 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

Everything I have read says exactly what Amy said.

If he is that upset, get some return address labels with both of your names on them. It may not look as nice, but maybe he'll be happier with it that way and it may make him feel not so left out.
        "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#4 Pisces

Pisces
        • 255 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

I understand what he's feeling. I was not personally aware of this tradition, so if it were the other way around I would be very upset. I would see if there's any way you can get return address labels made with both of your names. It seems like having just one name makes it seem like "your" wedding, and not the two of you. Sorry, just trying to be honest.
          Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
          • 1,881 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Pisces
            I understand what he's feeling. I was not personally aware of this tradition, so if it were the other way around I would be very upset. I would see if there's any way you can get return address labels made with both of your names. It seems like having just one name makes it seem like "your" wedding, and not the two of you. Sorry, just trying to be honest.
            This is how dean feels - that all of a sudden this is my wedding and he has no say. I think he's just flexing his male muscle. I think he would understand that it is a tradition. Tell him you were trying to save him the grief of organizing a seating chart based on the responses
            http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
            February 14, 2009

#6 junebride2b

junebride2b
            • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

My FI was just excited he didn't have to be in charge of the count. So tell him that you can add him on the label and you will both have to be in charge of keeping track of the count..then he might be excited he wasn't included!! One less responsibility!!

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

i can understand why he is so upset. i mean if you are having a DW and living together you are not 'traditional' anyway - he probably feels left out.

what about putting labels on top with both your names?

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

You can customize labels for $3 from www.vistaprint.com/minicatalog

I made some that matched our invites.

#9 FYB87

FYB87
                  • 976 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:56 PM

I hadn't thought about this at all! But, we don't live together so I guess it won't be a problem....maybe I should ask him before hand though!!

#10 Bride010101

Bride010101
                    • 1,547 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

Hmm... I wasn't aware of this tradition either.

For our STDs I used cute palm tree ones I had that just had my name. I felt weird though... like I was leaving him out in some way.

For our invites that I'm working on now, I included both of our names because I felt weird leaving him off the first time. Never really asked Sean his opinon though... I'll have to see what he says. If you have the time/budget... I would say get new ones with both of your names if it is important to him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users