Photo

Shipping your luggage??? Has anyone ever done this?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
  • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

I am considering this for hawaii...i am afraid my luggage will get lost and we are taking 4 suitcases...so I was going to ship ...the best quote i could find was on Sports Express Luggage & Sports Equipment Delivery Service - Welcome

i am still looking..if anyone knows anything else about, please let me knw...

I am still considering so I may or may not do it...

#2 BayBug

BayBug
    • 852 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:23 PM

I have heard of this. I read an article in InStyle Weddings. Apparently it is really common among celebrities. I thought it was a little pricey, but at least you know your stuff will get there. I wanted to do it, but where I am getting married practically in the rainforest.
      Angie

#3 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:42 PM

some travel "expert" on the Today show was talking about this.....he claims he does not check luggage anymore just get's it shipped....it really not expensice when it is in the US...it gets costly when u wanna ship to hawaii or out of US territory..at least from what I have been looking at..

#4 NATASHA

NATASHA
        • 646 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

I have - when traveling to winter wonderlands in Canada, etc. The snow pants and ski gear are just too cumbersome.

However, I don't recommend it to Mexico. You have to go through DHL and it's less reliable.
          Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#5 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
          • 486 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:59 PM

I have never heard of this before, but I dont know if I would risk it for your wedding. Has anyone heard of space bags? I saw those on tv and they look pretty cool.

#6 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

Are those the bags that are airpacked tight so that everything you put in them kind of collapses or something. And you put all this stuff in the bag and then it just looks flat? If we are talking about the same ones then it is crazy how they do that. I forget how you take stuff out, I think you have to wet it or something like that.

-Glenda

#7 lbourassa

lbourassa
              • 55 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:28 PM

There is no way in heck I would ship stuff. (esp to MX!)
                I would never see it again... and i'm way too anal about my stuff to send it off with anyone but me. I even stress about checked luggage...!

#8 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I've got space bags ( i love buying stuff off of tv) and i love them!

#9 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                  • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                    Are those the bags that are airpacked tight so that everything you put in them kind of collapses or something. And you put all this stuff in the bag and then it just looks flat? If we are talking about the same ones then it is crazy how they do that. I forget how you take stuff out, I think you have to wet it or something like that.

-Glenda
                    u just unzipp the bag....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users