Quote:
Originally Posted by amdecker View Post
Mrs. Martin,

I do have a quick question for you. Do you know the name of the WC? I'm working on booking Vanessa Vargas as my photographer. (I'm so excited she is available because I love her work!) Anyway, Vanessa needs the name, phone # and email of the WC, but I don't even know who that is. I can email the hotel too but I thought I would just ask you.

Thanks!

Amy
Hi,

Below is the information of the WC that has been helping me. Were you able to get the date you want at RPLA? Congrats on getting your photographer!! One less thing to worry about smile123.gif

Pamela Zerecero
Weddings Planner Assistant
Cancun
Riu Hotels & Resorts
Ph: 52-998 848-7850
Fax: 52-998 848-7851
Email: weddings.cancun@riu.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyN View Post
Thanks for all the info and pictures of the Riu. This thread has been super helpful in my planning :)
No problem!!! Good luck on your planning!

Hi,

Below is the information of the WC that has been helping me. Were you able to get the date you want at RPLA?

I did get the confirmation and booked our stay for 10 days! I just ended up going with 9-11-09. We will never forget our anniversary! I just decided to go with it because I think Friday will work out well for my guests who just want to say for a long weekend. Anyway, so the room is booked and the wedding date confirmed so now I'm just working on my wedding website and the save the dates!

I'm also getting married on a Friday for that same reason. Half of my guests will be leaving that Sunday and the other half are staying up to a week. I was trying to avoid anyone traveling tired or hung over from the night before if we had the wedding on a Saturday.

Good luck with your STD's and websitecheers.gif

Have you heard anything from the WC about flowers or cake or anything yet? I was just curious because I have been thinking about what color I should do for the bridesmaid dresses. Not that I really need it to match or anything, but I was just thinking about it. Oh yeah, and do you know where you are doing your reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdecker View Post
Have you heard anything from the WC about flowers or cake or anything yet? I was just curious because I have been thinking about what color I should do for the bridesmaid dresses. Not that I really need it to match or anything, but I was just thinking about it. Oh yeah, and do you know where you are doing your reception?
I decided to take my own flowers (real touch) with me because I didn't want to spend too much on them. She mentioned to me that only tropical flowers (callas, lilies, gerberas) are included in the package (for your bouquet and bout). But callas are not in season in September (incase you wanted them). Orchids (which I wanted along with lilies) are an extra charge. I haven't talked to her about the cake. I will let you know as soon as I hear back from her because we have currently been emailing eachother regarding the dinner plans (setup, location). We are going to have it at El Romero's (I think that's what it is called). It's the steakhouse on the terrace overlooking the ocean. The food is great there!!! I was not a big fan of steak and for the first time in my life, I finished one entirely by myself there!

So, I found out my WC is Lizette. I read somewhere on here that she is good. I guess they have more than 1 WC. Anyway, I got all the info to the photographer so things are moving along. Plus, I finished designing my passport save the dates (thanks to Becks awesome template!)

I guess now I need to purchase wedding insurance. Does anyone happen to know if RPLA offers their own wedding insurance (or if they do, require you to buy it from them?) If not, I was looking into getting it from WedSafe.com

I'm not sure about the wedding insurance through RPLA. I actually had never heard of wedding insurance until about a month ago by reading one of the threads. Did you already try asking Lizette?

Sorry I can't help you here! I have a wedding brochure template with info on RPLA if you ever need it. I hope you have fun with the rest of your planning!

Yeah, I emailed her so I'll let you know what she says. My mother was bugging me about what would happen if there was bad weather so I thought I would check into it. I read somewhere on here about this insurance from Wedsafe for your wedding so that if for some reason the wedding had to be postponed, it would be covered. And if there are other issues like vendors not showing up, etc the insurance also covers that. It seems like a good idea because you never know what can happen.