Photo

Making it legal this month (plus some name change questions)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

i promise - it doesn't have to match any other id! lol just the name on the ticket!

#12 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

well then in that case Morgan I would do SS# first and then DMV, but I did both in the same day because the SS office gave me some paperwork to take to the DMV.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christine
      well then in that case Morgan I would do SS# first and then DMV, but I did both in the same day because the SS office gave me some paperwork to take to the DMV.
      That is the order I am planning. I had to do this a few years ago to get an NC license. They wouldn't take my old ss card because it didn't have my full middle name. So we made a day of SS office & DMV. It was memorable. It really was a terrible day. The SS office took forever because the clerk had 4 inch nails (they were the curly kind). Then I almost failed the DMV test (I didn't know anything about driving in snow & the NC point system). Then the lady doing my paperwork hit on mike. This time I'll take a good book for all the waiting.

It's really a shame because my old license picture was actully pretty good :)

I hope I can finalize the plans tomorrow so I can do this on Monday. I need to take time off to vote in the primaries so I figure I might as well have one big day of paperwork.

#14 1elephant

1elephant
      • VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Morgan
        It's really a shame because my old license picture was actully pretty good :)

I hope I can finalize the plans tomorrow so I can do this on Monday. I need to take time off to vote in the primaries so I figure I might as well have one big day of paperwork.
        if your license is digital, you have the option of keeping your old picture - they have it on file!
        last time i voted (in nj) i needed to show id - make sure that something matches your voter registration.
        also in nj, you can make an appointment at the ss office. i dont know how, but i discovered this as i was sitting next to a smelly man for an hour last week. an appointment wouldn't eradicate a wait, but would reduce it, i'm sure - check into that as well!

#15 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

For SS, I had to show the marriage license and DL.

For DMV, I didn't need my SS card. I just had to show them my marriage license to change the name.

Pretty easy! Just a long ass wait.
          Happily married since 2008

#16 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

oh I guess the reason I had to do SS first is that my marriage license didn't have the name change on it, apparently in some states you declare what your name will be on the ML, but in Cali it just says that we got married. So I have had to fight a few things because my ML doesn't have my married name on it...duh
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#17 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Mine didn't either Christine. we were married in Vegas. I read that online on the SS webpage about MAY needing additional documentation if it didn't have your married name. Apparently, they thought I was cool and didn't ask for anything else.
            Happily married since 2008

#18 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

M8 had just got a passport when she got married so she didn't change the name on it or one of her credit cards, she has just done it 10 years later lmfao

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users