Hilton Brides!

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#81 Opice34

Opice34
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

Indy - I'm so excited for you!!!!

Do any of you guys have sample centerpieces or bouquets that Fernanda sent you from previous weddings? We are meeting with the florist this weekend, and I really have no idea where to start. Did Fernanda send you any examples? Of course, I would love something gorgeous, but the smallest part of our budget is reserved for flowers, so I'm just not sure what to expect!!

#82 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
    • 159 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:26 AM

Ok Ladies...

Has Fernanda told anyone else that she is leaving the country for a meeting and wont be back until Thursday?

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm kind of freaking out. I asked her for a contract over a week ago, and then today I got this email saying this:
      "I am workinf on the contract, unfortunatelly I had to fly out of the country for a last minute meeting that I must attend. I will be back in the office in Thursday. As soon as I have it ready I will send it to you.
      Thank you for your comprenhension."

And a friend of mine told me it should take no longer than 24 hours to get a contract back after I originally asked for it...and its been over a week! So I'm worried maybe she has another (and bigger) tentative booking for my date, and she's just waiting to see if they will book, and if so then I'm screwed!?

Am I crazy? Has she told anyone else about this out-of-town meeting??

#83 Opice34

Opice34
      • 414 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 11:10 PM

Yes - she told me she's out of town, too. She gets back on Thursay and FI and I and our parents get there on Friday for our tasting, meeting with the florists, etc.

It took a while for her to get the contract to me, too. I was nervous as well because I wanted to MAKE SURE I had my date and I just wasn't totally comfortable until we signed the contract! But I sent her an email asking her to just confirm, via email, that the date was reserved for me until we had the contract finalized. All was fine.

I'm sure you're okay, but I know it's stressful! I got an email from her at 1am the other day!! And yes, she said she'd have limited access to email while she is at the meeting out of the country. I'm sure you'll hear something when she gets back and I'll see her on Friday! :) How weird would be if I asked her to get on Jessica's contract?

#84 kelcrooks

kelcrooks
        • 88 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

Has anyone heard back from Fernanada?

I haven't. Starting to get worried. She told me my date was available, but that was the last email I had from her.

#85 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
          • 159 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Opice, that made me feel better! However, I sent her an email about a week back asking her to verify that my date and locations were still available, and I never heard back. And, as of today it has been 2 WEEKS since I asked her for my contract (and she knew I wanted it before that even)! I seriously need to finish and then send out my STDs, and I can't really do that until she gets me the contract!!

What kind of verbage did you use to communicate to your guests how to make their reservations for rooms, and what to do as far as flights go? (For example, what website do they go to to do it, do they do it over the phone, etc.) If I can get this info from you ladies, maybe I can finalize my STDs and have them just ready to send by the time she gets me the contract - if that ever happens.

#86 Opice34

Opice34
            • 414 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

Real quick - I was there this weekend and saw Fernanda Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. She was SWAMPED and sat with me in meetings for about 6 hours on Friday. They are trying to get her an assistant because she has so many emails. And apparently last week she was in Dallas for a meeting! (That's where I'm from!) She got back Thursday night, said her email box was completely full and she was with me all day Friday, so she probably hasn't even had a chance to go through them all y et....

#87 indypitty

indypitty
              • 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

Opice,

So how did the weekend go? Did you do a tasting and all that kind of stuff? Were there any weddings while you were down there? We're leaving tomorrow!!!

#88 Opice34

Opice34
                • 414 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:33 PM

Yup- the tasting was great! Holy cow it's all so yummy!! Everything looks wonderful! I actually wanted to leave you a card from BDW, but I didn't have time to get one. I thought that would have been a fun surprise though!!

I am so so so excited for you!!! Has Fernanda been taking care of you this week? There wasn't a wedding last weekend. I was hoping to see a set-up! You're having a small wedding, right?

#89 indypitty

indypitty
                  • 110 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Opice34
                    Yup- the tasting was great! Holy cow it's all so yummy!! Everything looks wonderful! I actually wanted to leave you a card from BDW, but I didn't have time to get one. I thought that would have been a fun surprise though!!

I am so so so excited for you!!! Has Fernanda been taking care of you this week? There wasn't a wedding last weekend. I was hoping to see a set-up! You're having a small wedding, right?
                    Yes, we're having a small wedding ~ only 23 guests! Fernanda sent me one big e-mail that pretty much covered all the last-minute details. She was supposed to call me on Thursday, though, and never did. I'm not worried about anything, though. We will be there for several days before the wedding to get everything settled.

#90 Opice34

Opice34
                    • 414 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:25 PM

Good! She really is great. I just love her. What did you pick for your menu and where is your ceremony? The reception is in the caribe terrace, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users