Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:00 PM
We are planning on doing a site visit the weekend of Nov 21-23. Does anyone have contact info. for someone at the Hilton so I can arrange a visit?
Thanks so much!
Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:53 PM
Here is a brief review:
- The food was GREAT! We had 120 guests who all raved about the food. Even the cake was good!
- The DJ was fab! We used DJ Mannia and he never missed a beat, outside during the ceremony or inside during the reception.
- Los Barones (the Mariachi trio) was good from what we heard. We weren't able to stay for the entire cocktail hour because we were taking pictures but we did get to enjoy them for a few minutes.
- Elizabeth Medina was the best! She was well worth the money, which we were skeptical about spending at first. Our original photographer backed out on us and since we were so close to our date we went with Elizabeth since she was available and just decided to eat the extra cost that we had not budgeted for. SHE WAS AMAZING! And she is very nice to work with and just a great person. Check out her blog, we are on there somewhat towards the middle now since she has posted more since ours. We are the only wedding she has ever done at the Hilton.
- The flowers were nice, but they were a little on the peachy side when they were supposed to be pink. Although you really can't tell in the pictures too much thanks to EM! But overall Planner1 Events did a great job as well. Especially considering it rained and their crew had to move all 120 chairs inside and then back outside all in time for the ceremony to begin!
Feel free to check out the wedding slideshow that Elizabeth put together for us:
Good luck and happy planning to you all! I'll be as helpful as I can ;o)
Posted 30 October 2008 - 11:01 PM
MAC Cancun: 8831912
And make sure you ask for Laila and Norma.
Hope some of this will help you all! Please feel free to ask me anything.
Posted 31 October 2008 - 09:58 AM
Thanks for the great review! This makes me even more excited to have my wedding at the hilton! I am going to go for a site visit in December to hash out the plans for my wedding and am very excited! I still have to figure out who a lot of my vendors are going to be b/c I dont know if we can afford to use some of Hilton's vendors. I think we are going to go with DJ Mannia (esp with all the fab reviews), Yazmin for decor (undecided), Undecided on Photo and video.
One question I had for you : Did you have any good vegetarian dishes at your wedding and if so could you PM them to me? I'm going to go for a food tasting and can ask for those dishes, but my whole wedding party is vegetarian.
Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:04 PM
Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:34 PM
My wedding is in TWO WEEKS and we are using DJ Mannia as well! And we're also using Elizabeth Medina! (Hi Elizabeth!) We are so excited!
Ndoshi - our vegetarian dish is Spinach & Mushroom Ravioli. I haven't tasted it, but it sounds yummy! We tasted everything else and it was all fantastic.
Kim - I'm so glad to hear everything went well and congratulations!!
Posted 01 November 2008 - 10:34 AM
Will you still be there the weekend of the 21st? I think we are coming down for a site visit!!!!
Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:08 PM
Nipa, we did not have any vegetarian options for our reception. We had chicken, beef and a fish option. If fish is an option for you (for some vegetarians who eat fish occasionally like me) then the salmon was great. The spinach pouchettes and the mini quesadillas we served at the cocktail hour were great according to our guests but we didn't get to taste them. They did run out so that was a good sign! And all the veggies at the reception were tasty. The caesar salad first course was good too.
There is a restaurant on the property called the Mitachi Grill which has a vegetarian menu that is amazing. You may want to ask Fernanda if she can work with those chefs to create some vegetarian options for your reception.
Opice, we flew in our stylist from the states so I am not sure about the stylists at the hotel. I would suggest just doing a trial run and taking in a picture so they know exactly what you would like.
And thanks for the congrats! Opice you are so close! I am sure that your wedding will be beautiful and I can't wait to see your beautiful pics.
Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:32 PM
Kim - congrats again!
Posted 08 November 2008 - 05:37 PM
Opice - I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about how your wedding went when you get back! Did you ever get those problems/weird charges in your contact worked out??
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users