Hello fellow Hilton brides! I just got back a few days ago from my honeymoon in Antigua so I thought I'd let you know that everything went AWESOME! The Hilton in Cancun did a BEYOND amazing job with our whole wedding weekend. I really can't describe it...it was picture perfect, and EVERYTHING was beyond my expectations. I was so nervous until the first day we arrived and I met with Fernanda, the DJ (DJ Mannia - Carlos), the florist (Andrea from Euforia Floral), the photographer (Citalli Rico from Claudia Rodriguez photography), and my musician (Minksy from Hear Steel Drums Play). Everything was perfect and taken care of already, so I had nothing to worry about.

The only tiny problem - which none of us could control - we has was that it rained on our wedding! Fernanda kept me in the loop with any back up plans though and definitely kept me calm. It was just so annoying b/c it was bright and sunny all day until about 4 PM, then the clouds and thunder rolled in. It wasn't bad enough to move ceremony locations though, Thank God, so I still got to have my beach wedding I'd always dreamt of. Our cocktail hour was supposed to be on the pool deck, but it was moved inside to the Caribe foyer (which was still very very nice), and our reception is when it really started coming down (only for about 30 minutes, then it stopped), but luckily we had it in Mitachi restaurant so we were safe! Everything was so great that I hate to point out anything negative, b/c in the big scheme of things these are not big deals at all. However, its worth a mention. I'm pretty sure that my wedding cake was tres leches even though I asked for regular plain vanilla cake w/ buttercream frosting. The cake looked PERFECT though - exactly like the picture I had given Fernanda. It just wasn't the best tasting - I am not a tres leches fan. Also, the salad we served was not the one we ordered. Same dressing, just different salad. Overall, the food was phenomenal, as was the service. My parents said that our reception meal was the best meal they had in Cancun (entree was filet mignon and salmon).

There was a slight mix up with the Welcome Bags. They were given to the bell boys to deliver, and over half of them were never delivered. This was a little upsetting at first (bell boys said they were not allowed to deliver to rooms that had "Do Not Disturb" signs up, but they were supposed to be given at check-in, when those signs should not have been up yet)...but we ended up giving them to Fernanda who set them out at the reception, and in the end almost everyone took one.

We also had our Welcome Reception there, on the Caribe terrace. This was beautifully decorated, and the food and service and bar were all awesome. The rooms, pools, and beach were all fantastic. The beach to the left was very rocky, so we stayed to the right side where it was fine. There were some rocks in the water though, but I bet its like that all over Cancun now. We loved our Junior Suite...it was SO nice!

I ran into Kelly, who got married there the day before me, and she said her wedding was also perfect. I spied on it from our balcony and it looked gorgeous.

I'm SOOOOO glad I chose the Hilton to have my beach wedding at. I would not have changed a thing, if I got the chance to do it all over again. Well, maybe I would have done a cake tasting before hand. But that is it! Fernanda is such a saint, and I know she pretty much works around the clock. We did give her a $100 tip, but she deserved more. No one ever said the Hilton was cheap...so by the end both DH and I and our family was pretty broke!

I am going to try to post a full review later. I won't get my pro pics back for 4-6 weeks, but of course I will post those as soon as I get them back from Citalli. She was such a sweetie, by the way.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies and let me know if you have any questions! smile03.gif

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi HeatherW,

In response to your question, Im copying and pasting the email that Fernanda (WC) sent to me...

"In order for us to honor you the group rate and guarantee the date and function space we require a minimum of 30 room nights. This can be 10 rooms for 3 days, or 15 rooms for 2 nights etc.

Letâ€s say you reserve a total of 30 room nights, in order for you to donâ€t get any financial damages you will need to reach al least 90% of your room block.

Letâ€s picture it this way:

30 room nights = 100%

27 room nights = 90%

This means that if you (attendees and you) book at least 27 of the 30 room nights contracted you will not pay any financial damages."

• 2 weeks later...

Jessica,

I'm glad to hear that everything was wonderful and that you had a fabulous wedding! Congratulations! I can't wait to read your full review and to see your pictures. Did you do a TTD session with Citalli? By the way, did the hotel make your cake?

I have 30 days left and I'm a wreck trying to tie up loose ends but Fernanda is such a sweetie and she puts me at ease.

Well, I hope that you had a great honeymoon and I'll be waiting for your review!

HUGS!

Oh! And I forgot! WELCOME to PetitRouge, HeatherW, and Rizalr731! I've been so busy with my wedding planning that I haven't had a chance to visit the Forum lately. If anyone needs information, just let me know and I'll be glad to give you any info that I have.

Happy Planning!

Hello Everyone! Congrats Jessica on your sucessful wedding! My wedding was in April at the Hilton and it was absolutely amazing, I was extremely satisfied and would highly recommend. I have one question: (if anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it), how do I get my marriage legally recognized back home, in the US? I'm from Philadelphia...

Thanks again!

Thank you so much for all the congrats - it is nice to finally be married!

We got our photos and everything back from Citalli! Here is the link to our pro pic wedding slideshow...the TTD pics are at the end. There are a ton more pics that aren't on the slideshow that are equally good or better. I can't say enough about what a good job Citalli did!

Here is the link: Jessica & Adam | May 24th 2009 | Hilton, Cancun Mexico

Jessica,

your pictures were amazing! you looked so beautiful wow!!!

I am having eric do our pics who also works with citlalli and claudia!

we are unfortunately no longer going to be having the wedding at the hilton, they had a buy out of the hotel on our date sad.gif whole long story won't go into too much detail. But i wanted to thank you for all your helpful reviews it really did help me in my planning process even though i am back at the starting line again:)

you were a stunning bride and congratulations on being a MRS.!!!

Krista

HELLO TO ALL OF THE LADIES ON THIS HILTON POST!!! I got engaged on 11/25/08 at the top of Machu Picchu in Peru. It was the most exciting day of my life so far =) Ever since then it has been a roller coaster trying to find a venue to get married at that was within my budget. At first I started looking at some places around my city but it was just to crazy expensive. So then me and my FI started thinking about a destination wedding and so that is what lead me to this site. Then I started looking around at venues in Cancun and OMG there are so many as all of you already know.I came across the Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa resort and thought it was beautiful so I searched this site for posts and here I am. Thank you ladies for all of the wonderful information that you have all posted for everyone. I hope to someday be able to contribute at least half as much info as all of you. Thank you for your time and effort in making the rest of us feel like we are not the only ones out there that are frustrated. Oh before I forget we don't really have a set wedding date yet but I was hoping for the last weekend in April 2010 either friday or sat. We plan on inviting about 50 guest that includes wedding party and parents. I e-mailed Fernanda for a quote so I will keep my fingers crossed and hope to hear from her soon!! Thank again sorry it go so long!!