Hey all the Hilton Cancun brides out there! I was just wondering how many are there on this forum and was thinking we could all post our info on this thread to keep track! For those who are getting married here...

1. When is your wedding and # of guests?

2. Ceremony location?

3. Cocktail hour location (if you're having one)?

4. Reception location?

5. What vendors are you using (minister, photog, florists, dj/live band, etc)

6. Any additional fun info about your wedding, pics, etc!

Hopefully this will help everyone and those future brides interested in Hilton Cancun (like myself)!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jessica! I'm glad to see that you guys decided to get married at the Hilton! I don't think there are too many of us HIlton brides out there since most people seem to go the AI route.

1. When is your wedding and # of guests? June 27 ~ approx. 20 guests

2. Ceremony location? Miramar Garden

3. Cocktail hour location (if you're having one)? Hmmm... need to ask Fernanda! She is the best.

4. Reception location? Caribe Terrace ~ We are having a dinner reception only, no dancing. We will probably go out somewhere afterwards.

5. What vendors are you using (minister, photog, florists, dj/live band, etc) Photograher ~ Martha Roque

We are using whoever the Hilton uses for everything else. I don't even know who is marrying us yet! Should probably check into that...

I would love to see pictures from your site visit!!!

Well, I haven't made a decision for sure yet about Hilton, but as of right now its what I'm definitely leaning towards. I promise that this weekend I will try to work on my review and getting some site review pics up! :)

I'm waiting to find out from Fernanda if I can have my reception at Mitachi Grill...I LOVE that place!!

Hi! Excellent idea for us all to be in contact!

1. When is your wedding and # of guests? - November 15, 2008; approx 100 guests

2. Ceremony location? - Miramar Garden

3. Cocktail hour location (if you're having one)? - Caribe Terrace

4. Reception location? - Miramar Ballroom

5. What vendors are you using (minister, photog, florists, dj/live band, etc) No idea yet... huh.gif

I love Fernanda too! She has been just wonderful!!!!

Congrats to you guys!

there were a lot of us who got married at the Hilton in Cabo last spring and summer. I think the thread was called something like Hilton Brides Unite or something like that. Also you should be able to read the reviews if you search for them too.

Overall I loved getting married at the Hilton Los Cabos - good luck!

Hi! I am a newbie to this site and my fiance and I are getting married at the Hilton Cancun too! This was definitely a great idea!

1. When is your wedding and # of guests? - August 31, 2008; approx 130 guests

2. Ceremony location? - Miramar Terrace

3. Cocktail hour location (if you're having one)? - Mexican Patio

5. What vendors are you using (minister, photog, florists, dj/live band, etc) Minister - Petra Maurus

Photog - not sure yet, maybe flying one in from LA

Florists - not sure yet

DJ - not sure yet

Live Band - Los Barones Mexican Trio

We are using the happy hour Friday night in the lobby bar as our "Meet and Greet" just to get all the guests to mix and mingle before the wedding. We are having some trouble finding a reasonably priced DJ right now. I'm hoping this site will help us fill in some of the unknowns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimdelc View Post
Hi! I am a newbie to this site and my fiance and I are getting married at the Hilton Cancun too! This was definitely a great idea!

1. When is your wedding and # of guests? - August 31, 2008; approx 130 guests
2. Ceremony location? - Miramar Terrace
3. Cocktail hour location (if you're having one)? - Mexican Patio
5. What vendors are you using (minister, photog, florists, dj/live band, etc) Minister - Petra Maurus
Photog - not sure yet, maybe flying one in from LA
Florists - not sure yet
DJ - not sure yet
Live Band - Los Barones Mexican Trio

We are using the happy hour Friday night in the lobby bar as our "Meet and Greet" just to get all the guests to mix and mingle before the wedding. We are having some trouble finding a reasonably priced DJ right now. I'm hoping this site will help us fill in some of the unknowns!

Hi! Is the Miramar Terrace the one that overlooks Miramar Garden? Or is there another Terrace? You can fit 130 people up there in a ceremony setting? I had no idea you could fit that many! That would be beautiful! We are planning on having our cocktail hour up there, but the terrace would be great!

Is the Los Barones Mexican Trio the one that plays at the Hilton Happy Hour? We are planning on using them.

I'm happy to know another Hilton bride with a large guest list! I haven't even begun to search for DJs....what kind of price quotes are you getting?

We are going down there in June for another planning trip and we are planning to choose the menu, flowers, etc....then. Let's keep in touch!

OK I typed that incorrectly, we are getting married on the Miramar Garden, the grassy lawn that overlooks the ocean. We were considering the terrace at one point but our guest list got a little too large for that.

I'm not even sure if Los Barones is the same group that plays at the happy hour! Fernanda recommended them to us so we are just hiring them based on her recommendation.

We got a price quote from a DJ that included equipment for the outdoor ceremony and indoor reception that totaled about $5000! wtf.gif We reviewed the list and eliminated some unnecessary items that he took the liberty of adding to the list even though we did not request them (i.e. fog machine, extra lighting) and the quote was still about $2500. SO...we are searching for another DJ via this website. I'll keep you posted on what we find. Please do the same!

We did choose our menu, and a good thing to know is that you can substitute side items that you do not like. And if you have children attending, they do have a list of children's items to choose from also.

I'm not sure if you have a wedding planner but ours has been great in communicating with Fernanda and the vendors to get quotes, contract revisions, etc. We currently live in Georgia, but she is in LA. If you don't have a planner yet no matter where you live, you may consider her...especially since she is already dealing with the Hilton and is familiar with resolving a lot of issues that we have come across. Her info is:

Candice S.

Simply Something Blu

info@simplysomethingblu.com

Good luck with your visit next month! And let's definitely keep in touch with what we find as wew go along the way cheer2.gif

kimdelc,

You're ahead of me and my wedding is two months before yours! I haven't even chosen our menu yet. I need to get it to Fernanda by the end of this month. Thanks for the tip about sides. Are you getting a wedding cake through the Hilton? Fernanda told me to just e-mail her a picture of the cake I want and the chef will recreate it. I wish I could see pictures of cakes they've done. I will need to ask her about that...