• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They assigned me Cristina Perez - She is the events manager and so far so good. We are ready. Everything is done...waiting for it to be 3 weeks out so that I can ship all of the beach bags and their contents. Worried about the traveling with the dress. Did you have any issues with yours?

• 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry I'm just getting back to you! I have to change my email notifications. It seems as if they hire competent planners so you should be ok. Be sure to ask if there are any other weddings taking place on your big day and how far they're scheduled apart. That was my only issue with the Hilton. The girls were trying to run back and forth between weddings and I didn't appreciate that at all.

Are you getting the jitters yet? Did you mail your guest bags yet? I didn't have any problems with getting my dress there. The airline attendants were really sweet with helping me out with my dress. You shouldn't have any problems (unless you get a not so nice crew)

My anniversary is that same weekend and I was hoping to come out to Cancun and celebrate it and also see your wedding while I'm there.

So, how many guests do you have coming? Where's your ceremony & reception? I'm excited for you because I remember last year at this time I was preparing too! I hope that you don't mind sharing....

I absolutely have butterflies. We are flying American Airlines and I am willing to upgrade to first class if I have to just to be able to keep the dress with me. Cross your fingers!

We have 45 people (possibly 49). We've alreaady had 2 peoplle call and ask if it was OK if they changed their minds (they declined on the RSVP) LOL! and we have 2 couples that asked for an extension and will let us know by the 20th.

We are having the Welcome Reception on the pool deck (the area closest to the hotel)

We are having the rehearsal dinner on the Cascade Terrace

The ceremony is on the Miramar Side - a small terrace right next to the beach (I love heels and could not do flip flops on the sand LOL)

The cocktail hour is at the half moon miramar terrace

The reception is in the Miramar Ballroom.

Luckily - I was told that I was the only wedding that day! YAY.

I think I am all set - please stop by and say hi if you are there during that time.

• 1 month later...

HELLO EVERYBODY!!!

I hope you still remember me!!!smile03.gif

As some of you know, I´m not working at the Hilton anymore! I resigned on late May, because I received another job opportunity... I am still doing weddings but is more focused on the decoration and planning for independent company, not for only one hotel.

Well I was reading the forum, and I wanted to say hello to all of you, I kinda miss you... the emails, the stress and everything LOL... I also wanted to say I am sorry for sometimes not getting back to you as quick as I would have liked, honestly there were some days I had so much worked it was non-stop... anyways! I hope you all are doing great, say hi to your husbands and PLEASE let me know when your coming back to CUN cause I would love to see you!

Shannon- I was looking at your slideshow and I felt like it was yesterday, and you make 2 years this November, WOW! You looked beautifull! Say hi to Jeff!

Liza- It was great to see you on your wedding day when I went to the Hilton, I hope everything was great!!!

For all the future brides, the new WC is Brenda, and she is super nice!

However if you have any questions feel free to ask!

All the best and lot of love!

Fernanda Parra

Hi Fernanda! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Things were so hectic that I only had a quick chance to say hello. 

I was Brenda's (the new Hilton WC) first wedding and I have to say that she was absolutely GREAT!

If you are getting married at the Hilton you are in good hands with Brenda.

I will post a review a little later on - but I must say that the service the Hilton provided for my 2 receptions and Wedding completely exceeded my expectations.

Thanks for getting this started for me Fernanda!

I also wish that I would've stayed with Planner1 Events (as you originally suggested in 2008) - since my decor was the only thing that was not up to par.

Lots of luck in your new endeavor!

• 7 months later...

Originally Posted by kelcrooks View Post

Thanks! I woke up this morning to an email from Fernanda! So I am very excited right now. She sent me a proposal but of course I have about 1000 questions for her. Assuming you all worked via email with her then?

That would be a bummer about the bonfire - I know we are going to be having kids ranging from 3-12 at the wedding and for some reason we have it in our heads that after the reception we want to do s'mores with them by a bonfire. Although fireworks would be pretty neat too!

Thanks again. I showed everyone the photos that you posted yesterday & they all agree that it looks gorgeous!

Hi! Kelcrooks,

My guests and I will be staying at the Hilton for our destination wedding. I was wondering if you ever found out about the bonfire? Where you able to have your bonfire event? If so, how much did it cost you and who set it up for you? I"m planning to get marrie in July 2011 and was wanting to have a bonfire event in our program. :) Thanks.