Photo

my cousin is prego and she is my bridesmaid

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

How cool! That must be so exciting that now you both have something to celebrate. If she is a month pregnant she would be about 5 months at your wedding right? She might still be able to fly. Good luck with finding a dress. I think there a lot of cute ones that are super stretchy that should fit her perfectly.

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:54 PM

I am not supposed to travel at 34 weeks, so assuming she just found out recently, she should still be able to travel in Oct - that's only 5 months away. But it would probably be a good idea to talk to her! Fun!

#13 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

Something with an empire waste & flowy fabric would look good. Plus she wouldn't have to alter it to fit her belly.

Click the image to open in full size.

Jessica Alba has been wearing some really cute dresses with her baby bump
        Click the image to open in full size.

I would check with her to see if she feels comfortable flying at 5 months. My friend is not going because she will be 5 months along. Its her first pregnancy & she is just wanting to be really cautious. She isn't worried about the flight as much as having a complication out of the country. When she told me she was pregnant I made sure to make it really clear that I wouldn't be the least bit upset if she can't make it. She had actually stopped trying so she could make it to the wedding & that's when it happened. I was thrilled!

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:14 PM

as a newly prego girl who didn't know this beforehand - be sure you don't just buy a flowy regular dress. like that brown style that Morgan posted above may fit her, but the you need it to be longer in front because the larger belly requires more fabric and will lift the front up! i thought i could wear all of these non-maternity shirts i had before getting prego - but nope! they're all too short in front now!

#15 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by AnnR
            as a newly prego girl who didn't know this beforehand - be sure you don't just buy a flowy regular dress. like that brown style that Morgan posted above may fit her, but the you need it to be longer in front because the larger belly requires more fabric and will lift the front up! i thought i could wear all of these non-maternity shirts i had before getting prego - but nope! they're all too short in front now!
            Ann, I never thought of that - I always assumed I would be able to wear some of the cute, flowy things I have - NOT! haha

Erica,
            that happened to us as well except that my BM will be much farther along (after 7 months) so she won't be able to travel but I hope your BM can still make it!!!

#16 Yari

Yari
            • VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:30 PM

Erica it happened to me too! My BM won't be able to fly though since she will be seven months.

#17 Saraha

Saraha
              • 2,597 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

That is so exciting!! Just a little bad timing for you LOL

#18 cessyboston

cessyboston
                • VIP Member
                • 2,096 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

so far she is still going.. i bought all the girls ther jcrew dresses i have them right here so i think i am sending back hers and hopfully a bigger size will fit....
                  Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#19 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

Yay!!! So exciting! And now you have an extra BM (or GM) for your photos!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users