Photo

PV photographer/rehearsal dinner..

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 alrager

alrager
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 01:54 AM

Goodness...i am Newbie and I am having a hard time figuring out how to post my message. I might have already posted this.

I am planning on getting married in PV on June 28, 2008 on the beach...I am thinking about Dreams but I want to visit it before I decide for sure. I am going down to PV in two weeks so I hope you all can help me with some stuff before I go.

Would anyone recommend a photographer? My budget is aroun $1000 but somewhat flexible.

Would anyone recommend a fun place for a rehearsal dinner for aroun $40 or $50 pp with drinks...is that a reasonable budget

I hope to hear from you soon.

amy

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 02:03 AM

Welcome Amy!

We're getting married at dreams on July 4, 2008! Hmmm, I'm not having a WD, but instead will try to plan a group activity (most likely a day cruise).

A new photog from PV just joined the forum. You may want to contact him for prices but to be quite honest, all the photogs I've contacted start at $3000.

#3 eyeexpression

eyeexpression
      • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

ALoha Amy,
        PV was wonderful. My wife and I just got back a week ago after shooting a wedding. The wedding was at the big church in town and the reception was at Dreams. The parents of the bride and groom put us up for two nights at Dreams and it was great. Make sure you ask for rooms in the newer section of the resort. Big difference, we saw both while photographing the bride and the groom.
        Rehearsal dinner. There are so many fun resteraunts in town. We had ours at a place called Tequila right on the boardwalk. I imagine it was around 30-50 each person. When you visit there are tons of great places to eat.
        In talking to a local wedding planner it seemed that photographers are much more than $1000.00 I think $3000 to $5000 is more reasonable.

ANy more questions about PV or Dreams let me know.

Bob

Attached Files

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:52 PM

Bob,
          Do you mind posting some pics of that wedding. We are planning on having our wedding in a Church and are leaning towards that same one. It would be nice to see some pics.

Thanks

#5 Mrs.Morley

Mrs.Morley
          • 259 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:23 PM

It seems that DW photographers are a bit more expensive but they do an awesome job. I thought spending 1 grand on photography was expensive but since I've done my research, I think it is impossible.

#6 alrager

alrager
            • 37 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Thanks for your help...I'll check out that restaurant...where is everyone else having their rehearsal dinners Prices?

Thanks.

#7 eyeexpression

eyeexpression
              • 10 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:39 AM

Aloha,
                I would be happy to post a few quick pics, and once the wedding is finished, hopefully this week, I will post a link to their online slideshow.

Bob

Click the image to open in full size.

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 04:50 AM

Thanks Bob!

I can't wait to see the rest of those pictures!

#9 Jackie

Jackie
                  • 2,290 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:11 AM

Welcome amy,
                    Yes Destination Wedding photographers are expensive but in my opinion well worth it. However, I am not a PV expert but do know that in the Riviera Maya/Cancun area there are photogs out there that you could get for close to a 1000.00 . Granted I dont think their work is nearly as good as the more photojournalistic style DW photogs but if you are really set on sticking to your budget than it may be possible. I would even contact Dreams PV and ask who they usually use for photogs... Do a little digging and you may find one in your budget. :)
                    My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#10 adeybaby

adeybaby
                    • 81 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 05:02 PM

I just surfed onto this photographer's site and have sent them an e-mail requesting their info. Maine Wedding Photographer - Michelle Turner Photography - Wedding Photographer, Wedding Photographer, Wedding Photographer - Wedding Photography

I will be visiting several restaurants this week for possible RD locations and will report what I find.
                      -Adrienne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users