15 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

there are so many veil discussions, i'm overwhelmed!

i didnt want to start another thread BUT, when i searched i see that everyone wants to ask, veil or no veil, and talk about long veils, but i'm interested in shorter ones, i really really want one that combs in just below the crown of my head, and isn't any longer than the top of the back of my dress.
i know what color, details, fabric width, cut, etc, but no clue what length to order! i was thinking 18-20", but worried it might be TOO short?

are there any gals out there with upper-back to shoulder length veils who can chime in for me?
see? like hers!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

abbie, did you look at obridal.com and look at the design gallery that shows how the lengths look on mannequins?

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:07 PM

yes but it's so hard to tell on fake people i tried the measuring with a string thing like they suggest, but that's also hard to picture.

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 5,752 posts
  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

hmmm i have some saved to my computer at home of real people.... let me email to you/post here when i get there later

what about the testimonials page on their website?

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

i didnt like the looks of any of the testimonials lengths, maybe cause they were not the EXACT kind i want, so again, hard for me to picture it! i think i might go buy some veil fabric (tulle?) and "pretend" on myself so i can see what i think? might work.

but yes, i'd appreciate the pics if you've got any!

#6 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:34 PM

Abbie I don't know that I have seen a lot of shorter veils lately, but I do know that a few girls made their own veils so if you can't find what you want, perhaps you can make your own...also I added "shorter veils" to your title so you can hopefully get more help and it will come up in searches from now on.
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Karen

Karen
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

You could just go to a bridal shop and try on veils of different lengths. I wanted a short veil too. I went to David's to do this and ended up getting a blusher. I wanted short and simple with no edging so this fit the bill. Best part was that it was $20. I wore it with the comb tucked in the middle of my head tucked above my bun. It fell around my shoulders.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

I'm no help. I ordered mine 60". THat's how tall I am. LOL

Make Doug help you. Then convince him to give you a shoulder massage since he's in the area. :)
      Happily married since 2008

#9 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christine
      also I added "shorter veils" to your title so you can hopefully get more help and it will come up in searches from now on.
      thanks christine!
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by lucky k72
      You could just go to a bridal shop and try on veils of different lengths. I wanted a short veil too. I went to David's to do this and ended up getting a blusher. I wanted short and simple with no edging so this fit the bill. Best part was that it was $20. I wore it with the comb tucked in the middle of my head tucked above my bun. It fell around my shoulders.
      i tried a couple of their blushers on as well, but they felt too long. they weren't exatly what i wanted, but it's because of them i'm determined to get a more simple, plain one than what i've got.
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
      I'm no help. I ordered mine 60". THat's how tall I am. LOL
      THANKS. you're a shorty! i'm 63". almost. hehe!
      Make Doug help you. Then convince him to give you a shoulder massage since he's in the area. :)
      fantabulous idea!

#10 Copita

Copita
      • 979 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

Hey chica.

I got about a 20-24 inch veil that is "elbow" length or shorter. I am just sticking it in the back of my bun (in my hair).

It's similar to this, length-wise and I got it off ebay! LOL:

http://www.visionvei....ages/24x28.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users