finally (FINALLY!!) finished sewing my OOT bags! (pics)

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#21 Leia78

• VIP Member
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

They look great Carly! I would totally use those bags over and over again!

#22 MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 10,366 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:22 AM

Carly, they look great!

#23 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:27 AM

Those are awesome! Love 'em.

#24 twinkletoes

• 2,302 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

Wow Carly, they turned out really cute! You and your sister did an excellent job. You go Martha Stewart! I want one, lol :~)
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#25 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

Wow Carly - those look amazing!!!

#26 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,504 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

Carly those are great! I too considered doing my own for about a second, then immediately vetoed the idea! It looks likes you could be another BDWer to start a side business! They are great!

#27 tlomlad

• Banned
              • 1,949 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

WOW!!!!! i wish i had your skill those are great specially for your first time !

#28 Christine

• VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:12 AM

carly those look awesome, you are very brave to sew them all, but they turned out fabulous!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#29 boscobel

• VIP Member
                • 24,213 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:13 AM

Oh boy, you guys are all so wonderful. I couldn't quote you all for this response, so as a big response, THANK YOU ALL! The comments really make me feel better. I mean I like the bags and all, some have some sloppy parts, but I think it's the fact that I made them that makes them ok. You know, part of the charm of a handmade item.

I am actually glad I did complete the bags. A week or so ago, I was running into all kinds of sewing machine problems and was feeling stressed out and I wanted to quit and go buy dollar store bags or something. But Jill wouldn't let me, so I have to thank her for pushing me.
                  too cute! I love them!
                  I really want OOT for my guests...can't seem to find the perfect ones though...my MIL to be has offered to make some for me, so i am interested in the "how to" - what type of fabric did u use for the hibiscus bag?
                  Rach - that's a great idea. I hadn't thought of adding a tag. Hmmmm, now what should it say? Like just a hang tag? Oooh, what about a clear mailing label that I could stick on the interior and they can them remove? Or is that corny?

Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
                  Oh those are so beautiful Carly! They will LOVE them. Make sure to add a personalized tag so they know YOU made them. You should be so proud.

Now send one to me! LOL
                  Thanks, Michelle. I never have sewn before except at Christmas I made some heavy baby dolls for my neice and nephew and Matt's niece. So I guess I have sewn before, once. But still proud of myself!
                  Originally Posted by michelle08
                  Very cute!!! and you have never sewn before i WOULDN'T have known!

#30 becks

• VIP Member
                  • 4,881 posts
                  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
                  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
                  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

Wow Carly!!!! Those turned out so beautifully. Your girls will be so excited to get them. Be PROUD!!!!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users