question on invites??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cessyboston

cessyboston
  • VIP Member
  • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

Hi girls donnie and i are doing our own invites do you think we need to ask if people are going on the sunset dinner cruise on our reply card or just tell people thats whats going on??
    Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

are you paying for the dinner cruise or are the guests supposed to? do you need a headcount in advance or is it one of those things you can kind of show up to and its no big deal?

#3 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:30 PM

Also if you are paying for it, it might be helpful to see who's interested in doing it for budgeting reasons.
      Happily married since 2008

#4 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        Also if you are paying for it, it might be helpful to see who's interested in doing it for budgeting reasons.
        yes we are paying for it i am waiting for the guy to email me back to see what the final price would be..how would you girls word and would you put it in the response card with the food choice or just put it on the wedding website and just email the people coming to the wedding and ask on thereugggggg

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:34 PM

i would put it on the response card with the meal choice personally.... someone else did a great job with theirs i think i saved it to my computer at home. let me look when i get there and see if i can find it because i cant remember whose it was.

#6 cessyboston

cessyboston
        • VIP Member
        • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:39 PM

awesome thank you so much............

#7 EricaG

EricaG
          • 1,915 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by cessyboston
            yes we are paying for it i am waiting for the guy to email me back to see what the final price would be..how would you girls word and would you put it in the response card with the food choice or just put it on the wedding website and just email the people coming to the wedding and ask on thereugggggg
            Since you are paying for it, I would put it in the invite that that is what you are doing. Do they need to know ahead of time what everyone is eating? You could always put it on the RSVP's, that way you can let them know before hand or when you get down there. Does your wedding website have an RSVP and can they also state their dinner choice? My wedding website at Personal Wedding Websites and Planning Tools | Free Trial Wedding Website has both options. I would also post it on your wedding website. That way, if someone really doesn't want to go (they are terrified of boats or water) you can maybe figure something out.
            http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
            My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:29 PM

Or closer to the wedding you could send out a brochure with a timeline and explanation of events.
              Happily married since 2008

#9 cessyboston

cessyboston
              • VIP Member
              • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

thanks girls i guess i am totally overthinking this...lol

#10 diezelgrrl

diezelgrrl
                • 67 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

hey is it a reception cruise? if so, you can just write on the bottom of your invite 'sunset reception cruise following ceremony'. if it's a welcome dinner you want people to rsvp for, you could print up a separate reception size card with the details and then put an extra y/n line item on your overall response card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users