Photo

reasons why a DW can be cheaper?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:04 PM

I'm just a practical person and to me $70,000 is a down payment on a house or condo not cold pasta at a wedding.

-Glenda

#22 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    I'm just a practical person and to me $70,000 is a down payment on a house or condo not cold pasta at a wedding.

-Glenda
    me too...DH and i could have afforded it BUT we want to buy a new house...screw feeding a bunch of random people we see hardly ever.

also, the gal that spent alot, she is super competetive and always wants others to have worse than her so she would have totally steered me in the wrong direction...

w/our wedding, we paid everything off right away and were fine because $14,000 is alot less than $70,000...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#23 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
    • 631 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride

-Glenda
      THANK YOU! I know people who have taken out loans and they still dont have a mortgage b/c they are paying back their "wedding" loan

#24 cariandnick

cariandnick
      • 60 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

i saw a platinum weddings episode where this girl took out three mortgages on her house so she could have her wedding in a castle! SERIOUSLY OUT OF CONTROL.

#25 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

where are the forums for people who do the $150k-1 Million dollar weddings?

lol

#26 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

They don't have them b/c those girls are super competitive and they don't share ideas with others! a.k.a. NYC girls.

-Glenda

#27 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cariandnick
              i saw a platinum weddings episode where this girl took out three mortgages on her house so she could have her wedding in a castle! SERIOUSLY OUT OF CONTROL.
              Was that the bridezilla episode with the portugese girl from New York who got married in Oheka Castle? B/c she also took out three mortgages. The one where her husband could barely speak English? I think the one I saw was bridezillas though and not platinum wedding.

-Glenda

#28 cariandnick

cariandnick
              • 60 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:07 PM

YES! Thats exactly the episode!

#29 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:21 PM

I think the big thing about a DW for me was spending as much time as I could with my friends and family (I only changed my destination to a closer local, because a lot of those really important people couldn't come) so we are having the best of both worlds, a traditional near home wedding at a great location, so we get to spend four days with all of our favorite people. Since we live so far away this is a great chance for us to do something cool for them also.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#30 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Glenda-can you please invite me to one of those crazy weddings, I just want to see that they acutally exsist...I am only a short train ride away...I always knew NYC girls were crazy, but WOW!!!
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users