274 replies to this topic

#41 jajajaja

jajajaja
  • VIP Member
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:45 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deznchris2006
    LOL actually, yes it was :) I was trying to avoid saying that because of all the the assumptions that go along with it.

It was a beautiful house built in the 1800's. 11 bed rooms, 2 were big enough that they could hold 4 people, 3 could tripple and 4 could double. I can't imagine living there at capicity! My first year living there we had some empty rooms, the next two years we had 1 person to a room...11 girls in a house can get interesting LOL
    My sister's sorority just has a sleeping porch. A massive room with tons of bunk beds. No thanks! Plus they all have to take turns waking one another up- even if you have no classes that day, you could be assigned to wake everyone up. I like your set up better! I'll have my own room, please!
    Happily married since 2008

#42 JennyK

JennyK
    • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

Ohhhhhhh I remember the good one!!!! When i was in the 10th grade, I was always playing the board.. it got addictive. I took it to school one day since my teacher was out for the week. We started to play in the back of the room. The dial started spinning really really fast so we asked it to move something. I grabbed a book and opened it. Everyone was still, windows shut so no air flow, and 2 pages flipped. It was so scary that 2 guys actually ran out of the classroom freaking out lmfao

#43 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:53 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        My sister's sorority just has a sleeping porch. A massive room with tons of bunk beds. No thanks! Plus they all have to take turns waking one another up- even if you have no classes that day, you could be assigned to wake everyone up. I like your set up better! I'll have my own room, please!

YUK! We had a sleeping porch too. I guess in the 60's everyone had their own room, but slept in the sleeping porch (fire code or something, it was the only room on the second floor with a fire escape). When I was there, the pledges got to sleep in there and sisters who didn't live in the house but got too drunk at a party or formal lol

Actually, the two girls who had the rooms right under it would often hear furniture moving when there was no one in there...they'd hear what sounded like the bunk beds or desk chairs moving. It was a HUGE room.
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#44 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Yikes. I would have pissed my pants too.

When I was 17, we had a French exchange student live with us for the summer. We went to my aunts house for a visit so my cousin and I were showing her the Oujia board (nice huh? lol). My cousin is my best friend and I know she wouldn't mess with me.

Anyways, we were showing her how it worked and she wasn't even touching the thing. It started to spell out M-O-R-T. And then would go to R (for my name, I'm assuming) and C for hers. It just kept rapidly going back and forth. I was like "what the hell is mort?" Then the exchange student began to cry and freak out saying "Mort mean dead. Mort mean dead." So I asked the board how. It spelled out C-A-R. I then flipped because we were suppose to drive home that day- a 4 hr drive.

As I was accusing my cousin for messing with me and she was denying doing anything, a door slammed shut. Could have been the wind, but I swear there wasn't any windows open. Nonetheless, all three of us ran down the street to my grandma's house (how convenient huh?) We were all three bawling our eyes out. We were terrified and I refused to get in the car to go home. It was a mess, but obviously I didn't die. To this day, my cousin swears she wasn't messing with me and she won't play it again either.

#45 Dez921714

Dez921714
          • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:54 PM

Wow Jenny...that would definately creap me out...both stories!
            http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#46 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:56 PM

Quote:
              Yikes. I would have pissed my pants too.

When I was 17, we had a French exchange student live with us for the summer. We went to my aunts house for a visit so my cousin and I were showing her the Oujia board (nice huh? lol). My cousin is my best friend and I know she wouldn't mess with me.

Anyways, we were showing her how it worked and she wasn't even touching the thing. It started to spell out M-O-R-T. And then would go to R (for my name, I'm assuming) and C for hers. It just kept rapidly going back and forth. I was like "what the hell is mort?" Then the exchange student began to cry and freak out saying "Mort mean dead. Mort mean dead." So I asked the board how. It spelled out C-A-R. I then flipped because we were suppose to drive home that day- a 4 hr drive.

As I was accusing my cousin for messing with me and she was denying doing anything, a door slammed shut. Could have been the wind, but I swear there wasn't any windows open. Nonetheless, all three of us ran down the street to my grandma's house (how convenient huh?) We were all three bawling our eyes out. We were terrified and I refused to get in the car to go home. It was a mess, but obviously I didn't die. To this day, my cousin swears she wasn't messing with me and she won't play it again either.
              Weird...maybe the spirit was telling you how it died

#47 jajajaja

jajajaja
              • VIP Member
              • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by deznchris2006
                Weird...maybe the spirit was telling you how it died
                haha that would be more logical. We just assumed it was telling us that we were going to die.

I just don't get why it spelled out mort. That's just odd to me and I have played since and never had it spell out foreign words. Maybe jibberish I guess. I dunno- I guess it's just freaky that the damn thing moves anyways. Especially if you are playing with someone you trust to not move it. We have even had two people play blindfolded and it still spelled out words. I just don't get it. My college roommate and I did lots of "experiments" to try to figure it out.

#48 cessyboston

cessyboston
                • VIP Member
                • 2,096 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:29 PM

Quote:
                  Ghost Hunters | SCIFI.COM
                  Anyone watch this show? We are obsessed with it in my house! Generally on Weds. I watch it and freak myself out and can't go to the bathroom by myself. DH gets so annoyed.

Anyways, just wondering if there were any other fans out there. I love discussing the episodes with my friends at work who are also obsessed.

Any crazy ghost stories/experiences to share?
                  donnie and i are obsessed.................
                  Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#49 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:55 PM

Yea, we're fans. ESPECIALLY Reggie - this is his fav show!
                    I get really freaked out by it still though! Particularly, the EVPs. EEEKKKK!
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#50 JennyK

JennyK
                    • 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:44 PM

Quote:
                      haha that would be more logical. We just assumed it was telling us that we were going to die.

I just don't get why it spelled out mort. That's just odd to me and I have played since and never had it spell out foreign words. Maybe jibberish I guess. I dunno- I guess it's just freaky that the damn thing moves anyways. Especially if you are playing with someone you trust to not move it. We have even had two people play blindfolded and it still spelled out words. I just don't get it. My college roommate and I did lots of "experiments" to try to figure it out.
                      I wouldve been so scared too.. thats crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users