Photo

Riu Palace Contract & Payment

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 katsmeow

katsmeow
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

Hi all! When are we expected to sign a contract or make payment for the wedding and reception? Do they require a deposit at any time for private reception locations, etc.? I wouldn't want to lose any of my plans for the ceremony or reception by failing to put down a deposit or sign a contract.

Please help!!

#2 KACENGG

KACENGG
    • VIP Member
    • 106 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hi katsmeow,

I was married at the RIU Palace last November and we didn't pay for anything upfront before we got there. Payment was required in full the day before or morning of the wedding but that's it. You can still communicate with the wc and book all the private events before hand. I would recommend double checking on your reception bookings prior to leaving though as I heard of a few wedding parties having to relocate at last minute because of double booking....just a thought!

I would double check if policy has changed since then but I would assume you don't have to pay anything now at all!
      Kim & Erik
      November 9, 2007
      RIU Palace
      Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#3 Kelly C

Kelly C
      • 2,051 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I just got a message from Paola and she said that a credit card was required to hold the date, time reservations ect... But it would not be charged until the day of the wedding.

If I hear anything else I will post.
        Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

http://i295.photobuc....e/IMG_9487.jpg

#4 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
        • 151 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

I don't know if this helps or not, but I am having my wedding at the Riu Santa Fe and I just booked recently for January of 2009. I had to put a credit card down to hold the date, if you cancel, then they take the deposit fee from your credit card. Once we have the initial meeting with the wedding coordinator we will pay for everything then, so nothing gets charged to your card today unless you cancel.

#5 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
          • 2,183 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Beach Bride 80
            I don't know if this helps or not, but I am having my wedding at the Riu Santa Fe and I just booked recently for January of 2009. I had to put a credit card down to hold the date, if you cancel, then they take the deposit fee from your credit card. Once we have the initial meeting with the wedding coordinator we will pay for everything then, so nothing gets charged to your card today unless you cancel.
            That's absolutely right!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users