Photo

Foods not available in the US (but are in Canada)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Carolyn

Carolyn
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

Coffe crisp is something we don't have in the States but Canada does and I love the Kraft Peanut Butter. I stock up everytime I go visit my father in southern Ontario. Original from Canad but moved to the States about 16 years ago.

#62 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,532 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:06 PM

Speaking of Kraft...here we call mac & cheese "kraft dinner" and I don't think it's called that in the U.S. I love KD, it's my guilty pleasure!

#63 JulieG

JulieG
      • VIP Member
      • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:37 PM

I had no idea you didn't have ketchup chips, they were my fave as a kid.

Someone said we don't have butterfingers, but we do. I know that for sure, I love chocolate bars.

You have so many great things there that we don't have here, we get some of them eventually, but you get it all first. Whenever we go on a road trip to the US we hit a grocery store. My DH does not drink, but loves non-alcoholic beer and you guys have so many great variety's that we don't get here, so I always get that for him.

I am shocked you don't have smarties, those are a big part of childhood, kids love smarties.

And we do have Miami's still, I saw one not long ago at the grocery store, just an FYI.

I would love to hear about more things that you don't have that we do, that is pretty cool, I am so used to it being the other way around.

Oh and our Ice Tea is awesome, the stuff in the US is just strange. And the way you drink hot tea is weird to, we put ours in a pot and steep it, but you guys just give us a mug to put the bag into, its sooo wrong, it needs to steep first :)

#64 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

jules, what do canadian smarties look like? we have something here called smarties, but im not sure its the same thing as what you have up there.

now i am dying to try all these canadian goodies LOL

#65 -Kate-

-Kate-
        • VIP Member
        • 7,676 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:44 PM

I love Canadian smarties. They are not our Maura. Ours all like sugar wafers. Canadian smarts are like M&M's but the candy shell is much harder/thicker.

#66 JulieG

JulieG
          • VIP Member
          • 8,323 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 11:54 PM

And they are bigger than M&M's and a sort of oval shape.

This is the box
            Click the image to open in full size.

And this is what they look like
            Click the image to open in full size.

And they taste soo good.

#67 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 20 July 2008 - 12:06 AM

omg i NEED those!!!!!!!

(yah right, just paste them on my ass) but they look freaking delicious and the first thing i am going to do after my wedding is over is go on a candy binge!!!!

#68 Chantal85

Chantal85
            • 224 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:16 AM

Boy can you ever tell we're a bunch of dieting brides! We could all go on and on about food forever!

#69 LadyP

LadyP
              • 3,156 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 01:51 AM

for the record the US has Ketchup chips

#70 EricaG

EricaG
                • 1,915 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

Smarties are totally apart of childhood here. Who hasn't used smarties to help potty train their kids!? "If you use the potty, then you can have a smartie!!!!" Nothing like bribbing the kids, but it works. LOL

I think that for the next secret exchange I will send a box or two of smarties if I have someone in the US!!! Especially if it is around Halloween like I read somewhere.
                  http://i141.photobuc....DSC_0038-1.jpghttp://i141.photobuc....DSC_0463-1.jpg
                  My wedding review of the Grand Palladium Palace, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
                  http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t35125

Our Professional Wedding and TTD Pictures by Photo Souvenirhttp:...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users