Photo

Foods not available in the US (but are in Canada)

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 Karen

Karen
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

So when we met Kelly and Everton for the first time, she insisted that I have a true Canadian drink that I would only be able to get in Canada - A Ceasar which is basically a Bloody Mary made with Clamato Juice. It was very yummy!!! = ) I told my FIL about it and he pointed out that Clamato is made in the states. I don't know where I'm going with this....but I do love Ceasars....lol.
    <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

#32 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
    • 5,681 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:58 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RyanAmanda
      Last time I was down in the states we were talking about all the food that you have in the states that we don't have in Canada. It seems the states gets all the new products first.

Anyway, it turns out there was a few things we have in Canada that aren't available in the states! I promised I would bring them down next time I was in our head office - I fly out tomorrow and I'm completely drawing a blank as to what they were. I think Ketchup chips was one. Can anyone help me out? What food products do we have in Canada that aren't available in the states
      I LOVE KETCHUP CHIPS!! Heinz makes them here in the US. I work with a few Canadians and they say Canada has all dressed chips?? Oh Henry Ice cream, Coffee Krisp......someone said poutine and smarties and Hortons. hmmmmm.......crap now I am hungry!

#33 Kat81

Kat81
      • VIP Member
      • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:12 PM

Why don't we have Tim Hortons... I buy their coffee a lot and bring it back with me

#34 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:21 PM

Nenamo Bars - FI's aunt/uncle/cousins live in Kitchener and his Aunt always brings him Nenamo Bars ... I need a Canadian to explain them LOL

#35 jamisoncollette

jamisoncollette
          • 1,257 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

We have lots of Tim Horton's but I live near Buffalo so essentially Canada... The Coke is different ( as in the soft drink), sweeter and thicker. I'm drawing a blank, ask the office to make you a list.

#36 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,752 posts
            • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:06 PM

we should have this same thread for things you can buy in MX but not the US. i could fill a whole freaking page. everytime we go, or when people come to visit us from MX, we get a bunch of stuff that we cant buy here.

#37 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
            • 413 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Alyssa
              Nenamo Bars - FI's aunt/uncle/cousins live in Kitchener and his Aunt always brings him Nenamo Bars ... I need a Canadian to explain them LOL
              Nanaimo bars

Nanaimo bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SOOOOO yummy!!!!!

~L

#38 alex

alex
              • 1,139 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachbride08
                Speaking of chocolate bars, there is one that I love that we don't have in the US. I'm not sure if they have it in Canada, but if they do someone needs to send me some ASAP! Bounty bars. They are like an Almond Joy, but without the almond. So yummy. My friend used to send me them from Ireland all the time, but she moved back to the US.
                I'll get you some Bounty Bars if you get me some Cool Colada Trident gum.... hehehe

#39 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

Oh those look so good! I want the one filled with peanut butter.
                  Happily married since 2008

#40 Kat81

Kat81
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,615 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:14 PM

OKay now I'm mad! My Fi is from Canada! I have been there with him and NEVER once has he showed me these bars of which you speak. They look amazing.. I am so reaming him when I get home lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users