ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:06 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackpearl916
    regular gas in Sacramento is around 3.87 a gallon....CRAZY!!! and is it me or does it it seem like the gas does not last as long in your tank
    i totally thought i was crazy, i agree with you. i thought it was just me.

$3.59 for regular at the "cheap" gas station, am/pm by our house. usually the least expensive anywhere around us.

my 13.9 gallon honda civic is over $42 a tank, and thats only getting 12-ish gallons.
    our jeep has like a 16 gallon tank, and we haven't even been able to afford to fill it lately cause it sucks up the gas so fast. we pay $400 a month for it to sit in the driveway

#33 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

Mn has it around 3.52 a gallon.

#34 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by StephanieMN
        Mn has it around 3.52 a gallon.
        Thanks for representing, Stephanie! Do you know where the good deals are?

#35 MelanieS

MelanieS
        • 820 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

$3.35 in Springfield, Missouri. Looks like we're about the cheapest place around.

#36 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

you know what? i didnt want to start a thread on this because i'm not sure i really believe it. BUT since this a thread about gas prices, i guess i'll mention it.

my aunt is a missionary in ecuador, she's lived there for almost 30 years. anyways, a couple she is friends with lives there too, and their son who works for exxon (not like a gas station attendant, but some kind of exec.) called them and put them in a panic this weekend, they called her, and she proceeded to contact everyone she knows in the states to repeat what he apparently said, she was almost hyperventillating she was so freaked out about it for some reason?

i guess he told them that he wasn't allowed to go into details but that they needed to rush out and fill their tanks asap before next weekend. all he would say is that the price is about to jump to over $5 a gallon and that it has something to do with why we are getting that tax bonus thing earlier than planned.

so, like i said, i don't know how much of that i believe, but i can say that if everyone rushes out to fill their tanks this week in a mad panic, you can bet for damn sure the price is gonna go up (supply and demand). we told her to calm down about it, and to quit telling people to rush out and get gas! but, if it does happen, you can thank me for the notice either way now go fill up! (J/K!)

#37 Jen_S

Jen_S
          • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

3.49 in NJ
            Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#38 Chiquita

Chiquita
            • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Okay.. I paid 1.26 a litre last night which works out to 4.76 a gallon. Crazy stuff!

#39 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
              • 413 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:36 PM

Our gas here is $1.27/litre - so about the same - $4.76/gallon!!!

It costs us about $70 to fill our Tuscon!!! I miss my little car!

Lindsay

#40 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by DougsGirl
                  i guess he told them that he wasn't allowed to go into details but that they needed to rush out and fill their tanks asap before next weekend. all he would say is that the price is about to jump to over $5 a gallon and that it has something to do with why we are getting that tax bonus thing earlier than planned.

so, like i said, i don't know how much of that i believe, but i can say that if everyone rushes out to fill their tanks this week in a mad panic, you can bet for damn sure the price is gonna go up (supply and demand). we told her to calm down about it, and to quit telling people to rush out and get gas! but, if it does happen, you can thank me for the notice either way now go fill up! (J/K!)
                  This is a great conspiracy theory Abbie!!! I think the first rebate checks went out via direct deposit yesterday!!! I hate THE MAN!!!
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users