• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 GraceYK

• 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:42 AM

Hi everyone,

I’m Grace. I’m getting married in March 2009 in the Mayan Riviera. I was almost set on Dreams Tulum, but now I’m leaning towards the Iberostar. I’m hoping to find some advice here.

#2 lucy106

• 2,880 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:43 AM

Welcome Grace! Glad you found us! You will get a ton of great info/advice here!

#3 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:48 AM

Welcome! You will find a lot of information needed to narrow down your choice! :)

#4 rockbride

• 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

Welcome Grace! Happy planning!

#5 brittbrowne

• 58 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hi Grace,

Good luck with making you plans. Right now I'm caught between two resorts as well - but I'm leaning towards the new H10 Punta Coral in the Riviera Maya. Check it out, i think you'll be impressed - it actually reminds me a lot of the exterior of dreams tulum. Don't know too much about the differences between the two resorts you noted. Things I do know about Dreams Tulum is it is quite a ways away from the Cancun Airport (probably an hour+ transfer - meaning bus ride). Also, I heard the beds were rock hard? And that there are some issues with mustiness in the old buildings... I think I put it out of my mind for those things I discovered through reading the reviews on Tripadvisor.com, but I know there are tons of brides who've found it to their liking...

Best of luck,

Aaron & Brittany
            ~ Engaged November 2007 ~

#6 MARIOLA

• 91 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:07 AM

I'm actually trying to decide between Dreams Cancun and Moon Palace Resort in RM. I know Dreams Tulum is more pricey, and being that I want everyone to be able to come and be able to afford it, I can't pick a resort that will end up being too much $ for my guests. Unfortunately, I have to keep them in mind

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful info on here.

Keep in mind that the tripadvisor reviews are subjective and for every negative, you'll find a positive.

As far as cost goes, this is your special day so be sure you do waht makes you and your FI happiest. We could have chosen a different location or different resort that would have cost less and we would have had more people join us, but we really wanted everything our resort offers and 4 star luxury.

Good luck and happy planning!

#8 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#9 nikkianddean

• 1,881 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

to the forum. Happy planning!!!!

Mr. & Mrs. C
                    February 14, 2009

#10 Cali

• 281 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic