What is wrong with the world today?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 lscilley

• 1,466 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

I have a little rant to get out. A little over a week ago my FBIL was mugged going to the 7-11 by his house and the 2 guys beat him with a gun and then made him go to the bank and get them each $20. They beat him so bad that his eye socket was smashed and he had to go in for like a 6hr surgery yesterday to see if they could fix it and the damage was worse than expected but the surgeon did what he could do but now he will be in the hospital for a little while cause of the extend of the damage. Anyways it turns out 1 of the guys is his neighbour so they were evacuated by the SWAT team and had to come stay with us for a few days till both guys were caught. By Sunday both guys were caught and they went home but then the 1 guy that was their neighbour was released on bail so now of course his family is living with their doors locked and scared to go outside. Plus all that for $40 like come on what is wrong with people? He may have permamnent damage to his face and all for $40 I hope those 2 guys enjoy their time in jail!

Okay now that I have that rant off my chest I just need some happy thoughts and prayers for my FI's brother.

#2 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

OMG!!! All that for $40!!! WTF!!!! I am sure he would have given them the $40 without them beating him up first. I am so sorry this has happened to him and his family. Not only is he living in pain but also fear! People just don't care anymore and it is really sad. Your FBIL is in my thoughts and prayers.

#3 Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,368 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

I am so sorry. That's horrible! I often wonder how people can be so cruel. It's just messed up.

#4 monicabrandon2008

• 794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Gosh, that just made me tear up. I hate violence! All that for $40!! Geez! My thoughts and prayers go out to your FBIL.

#5 jmill130

• 601 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

So sorry to hear that... people are crazy! Prayers and thoughts are sent out to your FBIL.

#6 starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:18 AM

That makes me so sick! Sorry for your family, that's very scary. Just awful

#7 JennyK

• 3,502 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:19 AM

Thats so scary! My thoughts are with your FBIL

#8 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

That is so horrible and disgusting! Some people are so screwed up

#9 Jenn3878

• 5,681 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

OMG! I am so sorry to hear this! $40 is that important to these people? Just insane! I hope that your FBIL has a speedy recovery and that these numnuts get what they deserve! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!!

#10 Karen

• 1,308 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:25 AM

That is so awful. Your FBIL is in my prayers and I hope he has a speedy recovery. For $40 or $4 million, violence like that never makes sense. But rest assured, the universe has a way of bringing a person's actions back to him or her eventually.
                      <center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...nancyticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=Baby Lambert is on the way&b=7&c=0xCC00CC&f=5&y=2010&m=4&d=14" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users