$500 for the stupid ceremony mic!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 destinationcabo

destinationcabo
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

That price is outrageous!
    We are having about 25 guests and opted to not rent any sound system for the same reason.

#12 Copita

Copita
    • 979 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:26 PM

$500 for fifteen minutes?
      I dont think it's worth it!

#13 Tobi

Tobi
      • 163 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

question for the techies out there...if i buy one of the portable ipod docking stations and it says "compatible with audio devices with standard headset input" does that mean i can plug in a microphone to this and use it as the speaker set??

#14 kevsgirl

kevsgirl
        • 1,209 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 11:08 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tobi Jessell
          question for the techies out there...if i buy one of the portable ipod docking stations and it says "compatible with audio devices with standard headset input" does that mean i can plug in a microphone to this and use it as the speaker set??

That's a great question... eagerly awaiting responses... :)

I would caution against not using anything. I just got back from a DW on the East coast that took place in a park in a gazebo and I couldn't hear a thing. It was one of the most annoying experiences ever... now I'm all paranoid about our wedding.

#15 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,151 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:08 AM

i just bought a bose sound dock for the reception, and i know there's a line-in, but i don't know yet if a mic would work with it? anyone? it would be great to have some sort of mic for the toasts/speeches.

i was gonna suck it up and get the sound system just for the ceremony so you could hear us on the video that's included in our package, but if a mic will work with the sound dock i'll definitely be saving the cash!

#16 edssbride09

edssbride09
            • 233 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:54 PM

I am bumping this to find out if anyone knows if you can plug a microphone into the bose portable docking station?! I will totally go this route instead of paying $300 to rent their speakers!

#17 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
              • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 02:13 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tobi Jessell
                The only issue would be finding a speaker system that has an input spot and you'd have to get a mic that has the smaller adapter such as this: Samson - Dynamic Vocal Microphone - R10S
                I'm not sure what the bose system has for input.

Here's an ipod dock that has an input port:
                Electronica Direct - SDI Technologies iHome IH80B Black Speaker for iPod

That's like $55 with that mic and speaker, you may be able to find them cheaper if you search for that speaker and mics w/ the smaller jack.

Good luck

#18 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
                • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:25 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by edssbride09
                  I am bumping this to find out if anyone knows if you can plug a microphone into the bose portable docking station?! I will totally go this route instead of paying $300 to rent their speakers!
                  I think if you have an auxiliary input on the bose system, you should be able to plug in a microphone.

#19 edssbride09

edssbride09
                  • 233 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:20 PM

Thanks so much, i am going to pop into the bose store and ask about it... i will post once i get the official info!

#20 PaulSchrank

PaulSchrank
                    • Vendor
                    • 237 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:32 PM

No, wait! You cannot plug a microphone into a line input. The line input has more power than the microphone and the microphone requires a pre-amplifier in order to work in a line or aux input like a docking station. The only kind of input that will work with a microphone is an input labled "mic" or "microphone". This will have the pre-amplifier built in. You can find this with a "karaoke" boombox, but normally there is no pre-amp, just a line in which will not work with a microphone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users