Photo

Engaged in a Cabin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Becksy

Becksy
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

To start, let me say that it was perfect!

On the 27th of December Marty took me to a small Cabin in a town about an hour and a half away from home. I had no idea where he was taking me, just that we were spending one night away to get over the crazyness of Christmas.

The cabin had two fireplaces and a hot tub. So we turned on the fireplaces and jumped into the hot tub with a bottle of wine. As we got out of the hot tub I mentioned to Marty that I was supprised that a nice cabin like this would not have robes for guests to wear.

After the hot tub we enjoyed a light dinner and some more wine. We settled down in front of the fireplace and started talking about buying a house and how my seach to find a new home for my two cats was going (Marty is very alergic to the cats, so I have agreed to find them new homes).

Of course I was feeling "good" (from the wine) and talking about getting rid of my cats gets me sad so I started crying. Marty hates to see me cry so he told me that he had another Christmas present for me. He took out a giant box from the closet and handed it to me with a big goofy smile on his face (I don't know how I didn't notice him bringing it in the cabin, hehe). I opened the box to find a big white fluffy robe, so I tore it out of the box and wrapped myself in the beautiful rode (I needed and wanted one for a long time). I looked over at Marty to give him a big hug, but he looked almost paniced. He said that something fell out of the pocket and pointed to the floor. I picked it up and knew imediately what it was. I started crying as I opened this second smaller box and when I finally opened it he asked, "will you marry me?" While crying my tears of joy I said yes, but Marty couldn't understand. Looking a little confused Marty asked me again, " will you be my wife?" I then started laughing through my tears and said, "yes silly, of course."

I then spent the next two hours on the phone calling my parents, his parents, my brother, his brother and a bunch of friends. Poor Marty sat alone in the hot tub waiting for me.

It was perfect!
    Erin & MartinEdenH Real ArenaPunta Cana, Dominican Republic January 13, 2009http://i67.photobuck....stloser4x1.jpghttp://tickers.Ticke....f487/event.png

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

What a great proposal! Congrats!!!

#3 Yari

Yari
      • VIP Member
      • 10,928 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

What a cute proposal! Congrats!

#4 FYB87

FYB87
        • 976 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

What a sweet proposal!

#5 Chantal85

Chantal85
          • 224 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 02:41 PM

I love it! That's a great proposal! Mine was similar in a Cabin on Vancouver Island. It's nice to see there are still some romantic men out there! Oh, I'm also originally from Sudz!

#6 sarahbrown1979

sarahbrown1979
            • 90 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:34 PM

how cute and romantic.

#7 Bryan Morris

Bryan Morris
              • 52 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 03:03 PM

Awwwwwwsome!

Bryan Morris

0 user(s) are reading this topic