Photo

what are you getting your mom for mother's day?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 Bride010101

Bride010101
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jenn3878
    OMG I almost forgot about Mother's day! Yikes, I have no idea what to do for my mom!?
    hehe my thoughts exactly. i dont know why but i always have issues remembering mothers day... not fathers day though for some reason.

i guess i need to call my siblings and try to get something organized. : )

#12 Betsy

Betsy

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,513 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:03 AM

I am making my mom's (mom, stepmom, MIL) mini photobooks at Walmart.com: Save money. Live better. - they are only $3.88/piece! Can't beat that! I know they will love them!

#13 PenMarie

PenMarie
      • 133 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

My FI and I usually go over to my mom's for the day -- we'll buy annuals for her planters on her front porch and while I'm putting together the planters my FI works on cleaning out her flower beds. We usually get her a few new perennials and add those to her flower beds as well -- and we either buy her a hanging basket for the porch or I'll make one...of course, she'll clean out her own flower beds but she won't usually bother with the planters -- and secretly, I know she kind of enjoys us fussing over her for the day even though she'd never ask for help.

#14 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:02 AM

Me, FI and my brother are taking my parents, his mom and step-father, his grandfather out for the day and to this really yummy restaurant for an early dinner. We usually do presents but i think this year we are going to get them plants. :)

#15 happygilmore

happygilmore
          • 576 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

We recently got engagement photos done and so we picked one out for each mom and bought them a nice frame for each pic. Moms don't live near us so we'll have to ship them out.

#16 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
            • 4,881 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
            • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
            • LocationNew York

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:02 AM

I usually send my mom a rosebush from Jackson and Perkins. They last longer than cut roses and she loves her garden.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PenMarie
              My FI and I usually go over to my mom's for the day -- we'll buy annuals for her planters on her front porch and while I'm putting together the planters my FI works on cleaning out her flower beds. We usually get her a few new perennials and add those to her flower beds as well -- and we either buy her a hanging basket for the porch or I'll make one...of course, she'll clean out her own flower beds but she won't usually bother with the planters -- and secretly, I know she kind of enjoys us fussing over her for the day even though she'd never ask for help.
              That sounds so sweet.

I used to get my mom a hanging flower pot each year when I would be home for mother's day. She'd get one from my brother too.

#18 lucy106

lucy106
              • 2,880 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:53 AM

I bought a basket and filled it with hand care stuff. Burt's bees lotions, cuticle creams etc and OPI nail polishes and nail files.

#19 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:34 PM

Ummm when's mother's day? Crap!
                  Happily married since 2008

#20 DreaW

DreaW
                  • Banned
                  • 2,462 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

My sister's and I are surprising my mom with my older sister coming to town from WA. She has no clue.....I'm also making an album for her with memories that she and us girls (3 daughters) have done with her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users