#11 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeckyN
    Yikes... I feel weird being on there. But at the same time... I love the feature. I rarely answer my phone if I don't know the number... but it drives me nuts when the person didn't leave a message - so I usually run a reverse phone number look up. This will make that easy
    that is actually a good thought!

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

Anyone remember that Chappelle Show sketch about when keeping it real goes wrong? The girl gets a call and the person hung up so she looked up the number and got a map to the caller's house and went over there causing trouble LOL

That's what this reminds me of...maybe that's extreme but there are some loons out there so you never know!

#13 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Wow, thanks! I am a teacher and that scares me! I need be sure I don't call parents from home or they could find mine!

#14 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 10,366 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by starchild
          Anyone remember that Chappelle Show sketch about when keeping it real goes wrong? The girl gets a call and the person hung up so she looked up the number and got a map to the caller's house and went over there causing trouble LOL

That's what this reminds me of...maybe that's extreme but there are some loons out there so you never know!

that's what I kept thinking, I am sure that there are psychos out there that would come after you for calling a wrong number, sure it's extreme, but it might happen

#15 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
          • 26,161 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MsShelley
            that's what I kept thinking, I am sure that there are psychos out there that would come after you for calling a wrong number, sure it's extreme, but it might happen
            Oh yeah, there are a lot of unstable people out there and I don't need them getting instant & free access to my house!

#16 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 04:26 PM

Gone are the good old days of pranking. In jr. high we used to prank call people all the time. "Is your refridgerator running?"
              Happily married since 2008

#17 Christine

Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

that is so scary, my number is private because of teaching, but thanks for the info Shelley.
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#18 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
              • VIP Member
              • 2,347 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:33 PM

there are a lot of other services that do this service for free too. unfortunately, removing from google doesn't remove from other services. too bad the "do not call" registry doesn't remove numbers from things like this...

and, even tho this is probably one of the easiest ways to find people---- the reality is that it doesn't take too much effort to find anyone online. I've helped adoption agencies track people down just from a womans name and the town they lived in 20+ years ago, in less than half an hour, and found my own mother in less than 7 hours when all I had to start with was the first initial of her last name. with determination and motivation, it can be done by almost anyone...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users