Photo

Official "LOST" Thread (TV Show)

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#111 SonyaR

SonyaR
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

I am happy with the ending. Yes, there are alot of unexplained things but I never really thought it could all be explained anyway. I like that they wrapped up the character's stories and was crying through the end. I am so sad that's over.

#112 Nicyx

Nicyx
    • 2,914 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by roxmysockz
      God I wasted 6 years on this show for the most predicted ending ever!!!

Nicky -They are all dead and in some form of waiting place before going to heaven the flash sideways to an alternate life was them all finding happiness before going to heaven!

Thank you but yeah, i undersatnd they are dead and i understand some sort of "inbetween" place before going heaven... But i just dont get any of the island stuff... so so unexplained.... Ah well its given me something to think about when im ever bored!! haha... or dream about like last night!! Hehe x

#113 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
      • 451 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 10:26 PM

haha i know what you mean Nicola... I am sooo lame, I keep thinking about it even though I am happy with the ending :).

#114 Stacy015

Stacy015
        • 172 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:32 AM

It didn't seem to me that the island was the "in between" place. It seemed like the island really happend and the side story was the "in between"... right??

#115 JNagan2011

JNagan2011
          • 451 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

Yup...thats what I got out of it. That the island was real and that really happened. The
            in between place was the "flash sideways" where the plane never crashed.

#116 Tropical Imaging

Tropical Imaging
            • Vendor
            • 336 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Someone pointed me to this thread which really put it all together for me.

http://forum.lostped....le-t59261.html

I like this synopsis and it makes the ending a lot more satisfying for me....

Krys

#117 Banana11

Banana11
              • VIP Member
              • 8,841 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tropical Imaging
                Someone pointed me to this thread which really put it all together for me.

http://forum.lostped....le-t59261.html

I like this synopsis and it makes the ending a lot more satisfying for me....

Krys
                Thank you for posting that! It really summed up the series. I cried through the ending and now love it even more. When the dog laid down next to Jack that was it for me.

#118 krizstyling

krizstyling
                • 90 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:24 PM

Since the very first episode, the pilot, I've never missed an episode, own the entire box set. Working in reality television, I found this show such a breath of fresh air! Scripted shows are becoming a thing of the past (Thanks GOD for Lost, Glee, 24 and Modern Family, all very well written).

With that said, I find the ending EXTREMELY satisfying. The island was definitely "REAL" and Jack did not have a son. That was just a sort of "dream" they created to make it easier for them to "let go". I believe jack needed a son in order to understand his relationship with his own father and "let go". Just like everyone else's sideways story lines were needed for them to let go.

I too cried throughout the entire end. It was the one time my partner didn't say "Oh goodness crying again" because I can literally cry over anything, heck I cried watching Glee the other day! I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when I'm pregnant.

That lostpedia site is a greatttt place to begin to understand! What Jacks father says is VERY telling! And how significant is it that HE leads them to the light? "Christian" "Shephard".

#119 Stacy015

Stacy015
                  • 172 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

I still don't understand why Juliet said "It worked" when she died on the island.. It didn't work if the sideline story was after death... anyone??

#120 cougs

cougs

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 12,151 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

well, CRAP, stacy. i thought i had it all completely figured out. thanks a lot, lol!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users