Photo

Destination help...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 KGOESER

KGOESER
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Hello everyone! I'm looking for a little destination advice. We had planned on getting married in Negril, but prices are coming back a little more $$ than we want to ask our friends and family to pay. We are looking for all-inclusive and also have 1 child (8 yo) that will be traveling with us. Most will be staying for 5-7 nights and we would like to keep the cost <$3000/couple including airfare. That is 100% the HIGHEST we would go.

We originally chose Negril because we liked the "gardeny" feel that most of the resorts could offer for a ceremony site. We don't necessarily want to get married on the beach and thought that offered more of a private feeling.

Any suggestions of other places that can offer this that would fit more into our price range?

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

can you look into a destination closer to home? There are some beautiful places in the US that might be more cost effective for flights and stay...but not any AI's
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 melody

melody
    • 236 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

What about Dominican Republic ..."Melia Caribe is a beautiful resort and the wedding gazebo is one of the most beautiful and in a tropical garden.

The resort is very reasonable and they have a free wedding package.

Google Image Result for http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2059/1569982548_4c7375c339.jpg

#4 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:50 AM

The airfare right now is pretty high so that's probably eating a lot of your budget.

There is an all inclusive called Negril Gardens, Sandals just bought them and is renaming the property Grand Pineapple Negril and is keeping the property as a moderate all inclusive. It's small, cute and has a garden area that while not super lush is very nice. The propery itself is beach front with another section of rooms and the pool across the street.

If you'd like more info pm me!

TA Jennifer

#5 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by TA Jennifer
          The airfare right now is pretty high so that's probably eating a lot of your budget.

TA Jennifer
          I agree!!! With oil prices continuing on this path it seems like prices will stay the same or increase...
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#6 Copita

Copita
          • 979 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:17 AM

I think you could def find lots of places within that price range. Try all-inclusive deals. DR does have a lot of places :)

#7 Stina168

Stina168
            • 170 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

We're getting married at the Iberostar Paraiso del Mar on the Riviera Maya. They have a garden area with a gazebo and fountain-that's where we're having the ceremony. I've been quoted about $900-$1k for 4 nights per person, though it's too soon to get an exact cost. Hope this helps!

#8 mmontgo

mmontgo
              • 191 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:11 PM

When looking to find a place an affordable destination to get married I went to Apple.com picked a few hotels and destinations and put in a few different dates and times. For example, I picked the Dream Tulum resort in Riviera Maya because of the 10 mock up trips I faked booked through Apple it was the least expensive. With roundtrip air, 7 nights, and taxes it came to 1447.00/pp.
                Hope this helps.

#9 AmandaR

AmandaR
                • 241 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:00 PM

We're staying at SGOR for 6 nights and it's just over $3K, but we got an upgraded room. Our immediate families will be at Beaches Boscobel (good option with kiddies), and spent approximately the same. Sandals and Beaches also run really good specials. Definitely check their website. I think if you go with a basic room you will come out right around your budget.

Amanda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users