Jump to content

Photo

Ever meet someone famous?


  • Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#21 Jenn79

Jenn79
  • Member
  • 625 posts

    Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

    I've never actually met anyone, but I was at a Raptors basketball game about twelve years ago and Jason Priestley was across the stadium from where I was sitting. About fifteen minutes before the end of the game, he and his bodyguards left through the entrance that was about twenty feet from my seat. He noticed that the group I was with were all looking his way and waved at us. I was completely awestruck.

    My husband however, met Dan Ackroyd when he was working at an ice cream shop downtown. He served him a cone, chatted a bit, and when the store closed for the night, he and the rest of the staff joined Dan for some drinks at a club down the street. Said he was a really nice guy, and really funny.
    Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
    Review Pictures Pro Pictures
    "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

    #22 jajajaja

    jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

      Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

      DH meets a lot of people (usually celebrities that aren't exactly in their prime anymore) and I try to get in on the backstage passes.

      He does the Events and Entertainment for our casino, so last weekend he worked with Collin Raye. Recently, we have had Earth, Wind and Fire (total divas btw), Rick Springfield (really old looking now), Montgomery Gentry (nicest guys ever).

      This upcoming month we will have Dana Carvey (I really want to meet him!) and Blue's Traveler.
      Happily married since 2008

      #23 jajajaja

      jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

        Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

        Oh and for boxing fans, we met Roy Jones Jr. A guy we work with used to be his promoter so we got to go to a Floyd Mayweather fight. We sat ring side and saw Michael Jordan across the way.

        After the fight, we followed Roy Jones and his posse up to a box suite. As we were walking in the halls, people began to call out to him and come up. It eventually built up to a huge crowd and we had to run down the halls to keep away from the mob. It was crazy and totally a rockstar moment. I was so scared because people kept running by me and hitting me to get to him.
        Happily married since 2008

        #24 Jessica

        Jessica
        • VIP Member
        • 11,939 posts

          Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

          Depends on what you consider famous. I worked on a summer concert series called The Warped Tour for a few years and met a lot of punk musicians. I dated a few guys in bands and met lots of other bands from there.

          I've also met Bam Magera, Jason Lewis, Daniel John (Silverchair), Hideki Matsui (yankees)... that's all i can remember right now. I feel like I'm missing someone...

          #25 lucy106

          lucy106
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,880 posts

            Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:18 PM

            I met Charles Barkley many years ago.

            and all the members of Sister Hazel!!! I know not very exciting to some but frickin' awesome to me!!! They are very fan based!!!

            #26 starchild

            starchild

              Moderator

            • Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

              Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by lambert13
              MCA (Adam Yauch) from the Beastie Boys, met him when I was in a record store in NYC. I ended up spending the afternoon walking around to different record stores with him. He was an awesome guy.


              Oh yeah....almost forgot.... I met some of the Wu one time. I was misbehaving on the street outside of where they were recording once. They joined in the misbehaving for a few then went inside.
              Record shopping with MCA....no way! What a cool day that was! And I bet we totally misbehaved with the same people, how random is that? I knew I liked you...LOL

              #27 Yari

              Yari
              • VIP Member
              • 10,928 posts

                Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

                Gosh, I have had numerous celebrity run ins.

                One of my favs is I was leaving work and got on the elevator. The building has 23 floors and I was on the 22nd floor. I get on the elevator and there is one very well dressed handsome man and then next to him this tall, huge man. I walk in they both smile, so I smile back and say hello. Then the tall huge man said what's up. I noticed he had gold teeth and it was Master P. I then just smiled and we went down in silence. It just cracked me up.

                Another favorite, is I had two friends in town from NYC. We went to the Coffee Bean on Sunset and were going to hit up Kitsons. As I was driving down Sunset Blvd. we stopped at a red light and on our right was Ryan Seacrest. He yelled, "Hi ladies!" We yelled back, "Hi, Ryan!". He asked what were we drinking and if he could have some. We just laughed...the light turned green and we drove off.

                #28 starchild

                starchild

                  Moderator

                • Moderators
                • 26,161 posts

                  Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Yari
                  Gosh, I have had numerous celebrity run ins.

                  One of my favs is I was leaving work and got on the elevator. The building has 23 floors and I was on the 22nd floor. I get on the elevator and there is one very well dressed handsome man and then next to him this tall, huge man. I walk in they both smile, so I smile back and say hello. Then the tall huge man said what's up. I noticed he had gold teeth and it was Master P. I then just smiled and we went down in silence. It just cracked me up.

                  Another favorite, is I had two friends in town from NYC. We went to the Coffee Bean on Sunset and were going to hit up Kitsons. As I was driving down Sunset Blvd. we stopped at a red light and on our right was Ryan Seacrest. He yelled, "Hi ladies!" We yelled back, "Hi, Ryan!". He asked what were we drinking and if he could have some. We just laughed...the light turned green and we drove off.
                  LOL those are funny. I love Ryan, I know he's kind of cheesy but I would love to meet him. How cool that he shouted out to you!

                  You made me remember 2 more - I used to work at a law firm on Sunset and Priscilla Presley came in for a meeting one day. She is so beautiful and was very, very pleasant.

                  Also once I was getting off the elevator at my current job and 50 Cent was walking in with an entourage, seriously he was surrounded by like 8 guys. He was there to record his voice for some video game...I'm not a fan but it was funny to see him escorted like he thought he was the President or something!

                  #29 Yari

                  Yari
                  • VIP Member
                  • 10,928 posts

                    Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    Also once I was getting off the elevator at my current job and 50 Cent was walking in with an entourage, seriously he was surrounded by like 8 guys. He was there to record his voice for some video game...I'm not a fan but it was funny to see him escorted like he thought he was the President or something!
                    I have 50 cent story!

                    It was last May. My FI and I were heading to Italy for a two week vacation. I was pissy cause we didn't get upgraded to first class. (I know, I know being a baby). Anyhow, we were going to our seats and who is in the big honking first class chair in the middle of the first class section 50 cent. His whole entire entourage took up the remaining seats. No wonder why we didn't get upgraded, 50 horded all the freaking seats.

                    #30 starchild

                    starchild

                      Moderator

                    • Moderators
                    • 26,161 posts

                      Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Yari
                      I have 50 cent story!

                      It was last May. My FI and I were heading to Italy for a two week vacation. I was pissy cause we didn't get upgraded to first class. (I know, I know being a baby). Anyhow, we were going to our seats and who is in the big honking first class chair in the middle of the first class section 50 cent. His whole entire entourage took up the remaining seats. No wonder why we didn't get upgraded, 50 horded all the freaking seats.
                      LMAO! Okay so you know about the entourage too....sheesh, either he has a lot of friends or a lot of enemies...lol




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users